Author Topic: Crashing to the desktop is getting a little OLD.  (Read 202 times)

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
Crashing to the desktop is getting a little OLD.
« on: November 03, 2001, 01:31:00 AM »
Every single time I've logged in when the map is baltic, I've CTD'd.  EVERY single time.  I haven't clicked the 'Quit" button yet, the game does it for me.

Is there some sort of problem with the map, or is it the new server?  I suppose it could even conceivably be a problem with my computer that the new map and/or server has brought out.  Am I the only person that is getting dumped back to the desktop constantly?

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2001, 01:42:00 AM »
i never CTD in AH

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2001, 02:07:00 AM »
Most likely your problem. My machine started the same business. I tried everything known to man. Even went thru a couple of soundcards. Finally bit the bullet last night and formatted. Reloaded software tonight, not a CTD yet. I usually reload windows once a year fer one reason or another. It's like having a big garage cleaning fer me. I pick up so much crap on my PC, from my kids free CD games that come in cereal (LOL!) to 8-10 megabytes of AH screenshots. i'm tired, rambling, check your IRQ's be sure nothings conflicting, be sure you have a good sound card, and consider a format/reload.

Offline AN

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2001, 03:30:00 AM »
Maybe your baltic terrain file is corrupted?

If you haven't already, try deleting the baltic.res file from your terrain folder, then letting it re-download when you log back in to the arena.

anRky

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2001, 04:12:00 AM »
I've CTD maybe 5-7 times in AH over 2 years. Once a bunch right in a row after 1.07. Can't recal what fixed it. Reinstalled AH maybe.

That's about it, although I keep drivers,updated reformats no more than 6 months tops.

I also ONLY use the ALT route, and see weird warps hardly ever. Seems super stable on my end.

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2001, 02:40:00 PM »
8 disco's in 3 days on this map.  All were CTD's.  Had 2 lockups as well, don't think they got counted seeing as they were in the tower.  

Had 9 disco's ALL of last month.  Something has changed since this map came into the rotation.  What is it?

Rojo

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2001, 08:13:00 AM »
I've had a crash to desktop a couple times since the Baltic terrain went up.  Even worse, I've had quite a few hard computer lock ups, requiring me to shut off power and reboot.  I didn't even consider that it might be the terrain.  I'll do as suggested, and delete the terrain.  Hopefully, that will fix it.  As it is, I'm affraid to use any perk point for fear of loosing them to a lock up or CTD.