Author Topic: Beeg Bids Farewell  (Read 884 times)

Offline streakeagle

• Silver Member
      • Streak Eagle - Stephen's Website
Beeg Bids Farewell
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2002, 09:54:57 AM »
What is wrong with the P-38L here? Ever since the damage model was changed, it has become one of the strongest planes. It may not be the best at anything, but it is really good at just about everything.

From what I know about WB3, anyone who leaves AH for WB3 will most certainly be back... just a matter of when :)

Hope you enjoy your new P-38 exploits while they last :D
i5(4690K) MAXIMUS VII HERO(32 Gb RAM) GTX1080(8 Gb RAM) Win10 Home (64-bit)
OUR MISSION: PROTECT THE FORCE, GET THE PICTURES, ...AND KILL MIGS!

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
Beeg Bids Farewell
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2002, 10:02:03 AM »
Originally posted by Udie

yeah Joe's a great guy :)  He served NYC very well on 9/11!  S! to Sav!

I didnt know you knew Sav.....where from?

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
Beeg Bids Farewell
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2002, 10:04:55 AM »
hehe don't you remember?  I was in JG26 with him on kali.  You were in that brit squad that we used to spank on a regular basis if I remember correctly :p

It's ironic,  I used to always go on and on about WB to him and he wasn't interested.   Now he's in WB and I'm in AH,  wish he would have joined this game.......

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Beeg Bids Farewell
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2002, 11:08:56 AM »
ciao
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
Beeg Bids Farewell
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2002, 01:18:47 PM »
agreed turbot :)

If I was a 38 pilot there would be no choice as to where to call home. :)

Offline poopster

• Silver Member
Beeg Bids Farewell
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2002, 01:49:36 PM »
Salvan's a great guy, and one hell of a 38 jock. Have fun, say hi for me.

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
Beeg Bids Farewell
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2002, 03:17:21 PM »
Originally posted by Udie
hehe don't you remember?  I was in JG26 with him on kali.  You were in that brit squad that we used to spank on a regular basis if I remember correctly :p

It's ironic,  I used to always go on and on about WB to him and he wasn't interested.   Now he's in WB and I'm in AH,  wish he would have joined this game.......

:o

What was your handle in JG26?    (and btw, soon as I joined the brit squad we won everything :p that was *just* before 56th FG split from JG26 and about 9 months before the MSA scandal)

Sav signed up for AH once, bout 2 years ago....I spotted him in game and we went for a B17 flight.  He seemed to quite enjoy it but I never saw him again.

Damn! Beeg go tell Sav to come see this thread will ya!  

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
Beeg Bids Farewell
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2002, 03:20:50 PM »
Originally posted by poopster
Salvan's a great guy, and one hell of a 38 jock. Have fun, say hi for me.

Another one who knows Sav!   What is this, the Joe Savlan fan club?!!??  :eek:

Offline 475FG Savlan

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.475FG.com
Beeg Bids Farewell
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2002, 05:56:28 PM »
Geez, a fan club meeting, and I wasnt invited?? :D

Wow, lots of familiar faces here, from WB and EAW days.  I got that warm fuzzy feeling right 'here'.  A big to you all for your kind words.

Beeg's storytelling of our meeting was exactly as advertised!  I thought the wife maybe had hired a contract guy from South Philly to 'punch my ticket', but thankfully that gravel throated guy with the sunglasses behind me was from the flight sim world, and not the 'underworld' :D  Its the first squad application that Ive ever handled in person before even receiving the email!

Swoop, bud, how ya been!?!?  Talk to Scorp or Griff at all?  My ICQ use for squad management slowed down a lot once we moved to WB and also got a dedicated RW server up.  Moving to a MMOLG from EAW eliminated a lot of need for ICQ for file transfer and chat, and we pretty much co-ordinate with the squad bbs forum & email, along with just giving a shout on RW and raising a squaddie.  But I still have ICQ loaded, # is the same.

Udie, always a killer in that FW190 :)  hows that band going? Still drumming?

Nopoop, a name from the Wb2.7 days, how are ya?  Hope all of you have found a happy home here.

Well, I just got home from the long 3 hour drive, gonna wash up, unpack,  and fly some. Just wanted to say hello and , seems like Im lucky to have picked up a respected member of your community.

PUDGY
475th Fighter Group - Satans Angels
www.475FG.com

Offline Thorns

• Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/computerpilot/
Beeg Bids Farewell
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2002, 09:46:26 PM »
G/L Beeg........don't scare em with that "I've got a nikki on my ass"
goomba voice........:D

Thorns

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
Beeg Bids Farewell
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2002, 10:19:37 PM »
Sav!!

Doing good mate, how bout you?

What's the URL for 457th's BBS, I'll stop by and say hello some time.......

Havnt seen any No401 Sq lads in ages, ran into AceRimmer in here a while back but he disappeared as well.  GIJeff seems to have moved on to ww2ol (long story, dont ask) but I still see him online a lot.

Now when ya gonna give up on that horses bellybutton sim and come fly a real one?  ;)

Offline Beegerite

• Copper Member
Beeg Bids Farewell
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2002, 11:07:05 PM »
Thanks to all for the kind words and another special thanks to Thorns CO of my first squad in AH The Musketeer Escadrille.  Thorns and the Musketeers where a real challenge back in FA2 full real arena days and me and the other former TS where very gratified to be asked to join them when we got here.  Thorns you were a big help.  Hope you haven't forgotten that now that we're only an hour apart we should get together for a cup of java.
Maybe I'll swipe some of my wife's estrogen pills to raise my voice a bit eh?

Beeg

Originally posted by Thorns
G/L Beeg........don't scare em with that "I've got a nikki on my ass"
goomba voice........:D

Thorns

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
Beeg Bids Farewell
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2002, 01:18:39 AM »
I tried it, WBSIII that is.

There is a ton of great stuff there AH could use (buff gun shake, nice cockpits, bomber graphics all around, planeset, excellent offline mode practice) lotsa stuff which is as good just diffrent than AH, and with time flying it might find even more good stuff. I was really surprised.

Thing is, it all feels like the airplanes are stuck in mud and my joystick inputs show up 3 seconds later. Plus i can't fly free for 2 weeks to check it out? That's a whoopee shame.

Offline Z6

• Copper Member
You will be back!
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2002, 03:17:47 AM »
Goodluck!  My gut feeling says you will be back full time in the near future! >>>S<<< GOODHUNTING!
                                         KURGAN:D

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Beeg Bids Farewell
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2002, 03:24:58 AM »
P38 is really uber in WB because with dive flaps you can dive straight down from 10k just to park yourself behind a turning con in about 2 seconds. Where AH p38 compresses and lawndarts regardless of dive flaps, WB p38 slows down very quickly and has excellent turn rate flaps down.

That's what makes it uber there IMO. I had 20:1 k/d flying 38 there while here I can barely maintain 4:1.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone