Author Topic: Our society gone soft?  (Read 154 times)

Offline Cherlie

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Our society gone soft?
« on: June 08, 2002, 11:35:42 PM »
After seeing the Daniel Pearl movie I began to think.  This type of horror is also happening in our backyard.

Whats sad is that people who commit this type of crime - most who commit this type of crime in non capital punishment states - are most likely to get lifetime in prison and the tax payer, you and me, have to pay for him to live.

I believe our society is not responsorble anymore.  People canget away with murder because they were "temp insane".  While other can SUE the people that they were robbing due to breaking their leg on a glass or some sort.

Whats going on?  I ask because I read this unreal story.  A court decided FOR a guy who robbed a couples house in florida.  The couple were away on holiday and the robber happen to lock himself in the garage for 9 days.  The garage door was broken, so he sued the couple and won.  (he survived because the couple had food in the fridge)

I live in Australia and lately 2 - 3 high priests are charged with sexual assault.  The complaintants went to the Archbishop, only to be told if they keep quiet, they can get some money.

I see sex offenders get away with what they do because of a technicality, I see murderes get 20 years in jail then get out in 9 years for good behaviour.

We say lets knock off the amazinhunk who killed daniel pearl, my question is and those who can answer it I'll be grateful - I am 21 after all and still young - is why do we let people get away with these awful crimes?  Surely one must say to the robber who sued "bad luck pal, next time don't rob, you got 20 years"

I see society supporting drugs (young people dancing in the clubs), that it is cool to phornicate.

Am I the only one thinking we are going abit soft?

CharlieB

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Our society gone soft?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2002, 11:50:00 PM »
Midnight, calling one midnight tahgut.....  Weazel, Sandman etc also welcome!

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
Our society gone soft?
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2002, 12:13:27 AM »
Cherlie, one must draw a line with no sarcasm, and respond to a post, which is clear in validity, dear to my heart.

I am drug tested, alcohol tested, finger printed without ever have made a crime, background checked, and need ID just to get to my work area. I find these inconveniences not only proper, but just and necessary. Show up to work hungover, blow .01 yer fired. You’re a felon? You fuct up, find a parole car wash business for a paycheck, yer fired. It’s really not Big Brother, it’s good sense.

Kidknap Daniel Pearl, you getting a Ghost Recon type fire fight with death to anyone involved. No money, results vary. Only death to terrorists is 100% guarentee. Just hope the hostage makes it.

This anti-law whining society where people burn candles for mass murders, or where gangsters burn down neighborhoods because a news event trial gives them some hope or excuse to act like animals, is enough.

I pay taxes, and wish they would leave the Nevada cactus alone for a day, and fly in A10’s for riot control. Read the F15 riot thread.

One A10 domestic control mission would have EVERYONE in L.A. being super model citizens.

How many turds will be lost, verse  how many innocent people will be saved on one good riot control flight?

Yup, I’m serious, heh.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Our society gone soft?
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2002, 12:58:25 AM »
I'll preface this by first stating that I hate any statement that starts off with society this or society that as if it were one creature.

Daniel Pearl left his pregnant wife to go to a war zone... not to fight, but to simply report. Bad things happen to stupid people. A group decided to use him to forward their own agenda. Surprise surprise. Journalists take note... stay home and let the shrecking warfighters fight the war. Yes, you can trust the military to provide you with the information you need. If you decide to go anyway, accept the fact that your life is forfeit and the country that we are at war with or some other interested party will kill you as easily as a bug if it fits within their agenda to do so. You are not a martyr. You are a casualty in a high risk occupation.

Our "society" is responsible. Believe it or not, once you throw out the roadkill drug related offenses, it is a safe to go out. Bad people do go to jail. (Certainly some bad people slip by the system, but some good people get lethal injections).

You want to feel safe? You want to feel like you're a part of your community?

Turn off the television and quit letting the mass media form your opinion for you.

Or... watch television (mass media) and learn these facts:

1. If you get hurt, it's someone else's fault, preferably a major corporation.
2. If you're good looking and rich you can get away with murder.
3. Marijuana is bad for you.
4. Cigarettes are bad for you.
5. Alcohol is bad for you.
6. Pat Robertson knows what's best for this country.
7. Gary Condit killed Chandra Levy.
8. Buying illegal drugs supports terrorist activity.
9. We can win the drug war.
10. We can win the war on terrorism.
sand

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
Our society gone soft?
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2002, 01:04:20 AM »
Creamo....
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline weazel

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Is this the award list for folks ...
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2002, 01:38:46 AM »
Who have pointed out how asinine your posts generally are?

as·i·nine   Pronunciation Key  (s-nn)
adj.
Utterly stupid or silly: asinine behavior.
Of, relating to, or resembling an ass.

If so I proudly accept the award.

Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
Midnight, calling one midnight tahgut.....  Weazel, Sandman etc also welcome!