Author Topic: Nimitz wins Wild Wednesday!  (Read 1247 times)

Offline aknimitz

• Silver Member
Nimitz wins Wild Wednesday!
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2001, 01:23:00 AM »
FDski,

Is that possible?  I think its a GREAT idea.  

Nim

Oh and Fest, if you didnt mind when roper killed you, why did you call him a dick on channel 1?  Oh I know!!

[ 12-20-2001: Message edited by: aknimitz ]

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2001, 01:43:00 AM »
Rude, where are ya? We got a live one here.

Offline aknimitz

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2001, 01:49:00 AM »
lol

Offline Eaglecz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2001, 02:02:00 AM »
Originally posted by Citabria:
btw I dont need revenge. I am not going to gangbang you two either.

[ 12-20-2001: Message edited by: Citabria ]

im sure you will not gang bang them.
because 1 pilot cant gang bang 2  :D

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2001, 06:16:00 AM »
Well, WW got smurfy in a hurry, didn't it?  :rolleyes:

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2001, 07:53:00 AM »
Well gentlemen obviously we have a small problem.  Last week Fester apparently winged with ManeTMP.

This week obviously Nim and Curly got together to give fester some of his medicine.

I was not there for either incident BUT y'all better cool yer tempers.

WW is a fun event for those who participate and this roadkill will not be tolerated.  If you can't play nice I'll personally eject you from the event so the rest can enjoy themselves.  If you show up next week do so with the attitude to have fun and enjoy the challenge.

Nimitz.  You and a few others may like no icons, but for the average player they like/need them.  Turning them off may not be a good idea at this point as the numbers may drop.  If you want start your own thread and see what players think.

Have a nice day.....

Offline aknimitz

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2001, 08:20:00 AM »
Heya skernsk,

I have an idea...it might help solve an inevitable dilema.  If there are more than 1 member from a squad, have them take off from separate fields.  It is only natural if I see curly and another plane engaged, which I will kill first.  Solve that problem for all squaddies (mane and fester/357th, assassins, everyone) by having them up at different fields.  You wouldnt have to regulate it, just ask squaddies to do it.  Clearly if there are more than 3 AK's, 2 will have to up at the same field.  But rarely are there 3 members from the same squad.  I assure you I will head in a diff direction that my squaddies, thats what I call self-regulation  :D

Nim

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2001, 08:37:00 AM »
Wont work Nim, they'd just meet in the middle.

I think FDski's idea of no icons is much better......but only if the .wingman command doesnt work with no icons.......would have to be no radar as well?  If so then a much smaller arena would be in order or people will never find each other.

Offline lazs1

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2001, 08:53:00 AM »
So this is the "pure furball, every man for himself" arena that everyone keeps telling me I should get all warm and fuzzy about???

So... If I team up with drex and at the end he augers for me then.... I won?  Not much of a victory.

So what's wrong with my idea of a time limit with the winner being the survivor with the most kills?
lazs

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2001, 08:54:00 AM »
I don't know the answer Nim.  We can't stop people from winging up.  If you see two people close together NOT shooting each other are they winging?  Or just feeling each other out.

What I don't want to see is an event that people participate in for fun be turned into a mudslinging contest.  The #1 reason for participating in this thing is for players to furball and enjoy themselves.  Those who are there to win at all costs can do so, but do so within the spirit of the event.

And if you get beat better luck next time.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2001, 08:54:00 AM »
Originally posted by lazs1:
So this is the "pure furball, every man for himself" arena that everyone keeps telling me I should get all warm and fuzzy about???

So... If I team up with drex and at the end he augers for me then.... I won?  Not much of a victory.

So what's wrong with my idea of a time limit with the winner being the survivor with the most kills?
lazs

Good Morning Eeyore!   ;)

[ 12-20-2001: Message edited by: Ripsnort ]

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2001, 09:09:00 AM »
I don't fly WW because winging isn't within the spirit of the event.  There's no way I'm shooting at a Mongrel if there's another target to shoot at.  It's not fair to the other participants, so I don't attend.  Those who feel similar, should do the same, IMO.

Since you're working on the honor system anyways, why not ask everyone to fly in plane only icon mode with squad highlighting and wingman highlighting off.  It'd be nice if you could force those settings in the arena tables, but I know the CMs can't.  Anyways, I think if everyone flew with that icon setup, it'd remove the planned wingman problems.
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2001, 09:29:00 AM »
Originally posted by aknimitz:
I assure you I will head in a diff direction that my squaddies, thats what I call self-regulation   :D

Nim

Self-regulation?  That's what I call self-preservation!   :D

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2001, 09:30:00 AM »
I got tag-teamed, didn't think anything of it. I figured, like Nifty, it was an inevitability of the event and accepted it as such. I saw people run for alt, accepted that too (until a stray comment was made).

You either play it for fun or you don't play at all. Trying to glean a deeper meaning from it only causes you to point at the way people play and criticize. Far better to say, "I won!" or, "I lost!" and just enjoy swapping stories. Any other than that is against the spirit of the event IMHO.

Offline aknimitz

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2001, 09:44:00 AM »
Amen Kieren.