Author Topic: Good News For Scale Modellers  (Read 464 times)

Offline stat2000

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Good News For Scale Modellers
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2002, 11:56:51 PM »
and my f4u.....hate that plane they are a beotch to fly..so i sold it

Offline stat2000

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2002, 12:00:01 AM »
opps...file to big

Oh yeah if you want to find some EXCELLENT deals on R/C stuff or already have stuff you want to trade look at

http://www.rcvuniverse.com

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2002, 12:23:18 PM »
Hiya Mudshark!

If yah wanna ride a kite, hey kewl!! Personally, I'd rather fly in something that won't be swatted outta the sky on final by a fart from mother nature.

It ain't 'lack of education'.. in fact, after better than 40 years of matching wits and odds with the very same mother nature I've gained a healthy respect for her proclivities.. and like 'ol Clint said.. "Man's gotta know his limitations..."

Now if you wanna bunji-jump, play with parachutes, fly hot-air balloons, wander around the sky inna glorified kite.. hey; enjoy yerself. I'd love to be your insurance agent. :D

And as I said above.. ain't nothin wrong with static plastic kits. Ain't nothin wrong with stamp collecting,  either. ;)
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline udet

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.angelfire.com/nd/mihaipruna/dogfight.html
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2002, 04:18:41 PM »
Originally posted by Hangtime
as for hang-gliding... a lil story.

Saw a powered ultralight and hang-gliding demo.. guy was a pro. Was breathtaking to watch. Discovery Channel was there filming the guy. Wind shear got him though.. slammed him into the ground, killed him outright. real tragedy.

Yes, there is risk... it's horrifying indeed to lose a year or two's worth of work, many hundreds, even thousands of dollars worth of fine scale warbird... and therin lies the rub... and the diffrence between us and stamp collectors, plastic model bulders and model train set designers.

wuss wuss wuss.
Danger is what makes flying glamorous. And I'm all for glamour and getting chicks impressed. And you don't do that flying your toy, no matter hos skillful you are.

Offline streakeagle

• Silver Member
      • Streak Eagle - Stephen's Website
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2002, 07:57:55 PM »
Originally posted by Hangtime
1/72 scale plastic desk-display models??

henh.

kinda like stamp collecting or model railroading. Safe, sedate, and totally boring.

I suppose it can be satisfying, rewarding and enjoyable. kinda like jello after a rousing meal of ms pauls fish sticks.

;)

Now, R/C Scale modeling; thats something else again. Not only do you get to enjoy your models static perfection..
... you get to enjoy the incredible thrill of flying it.
Contrary to your later denial of offense to others, that sounds like an insult to scale modelers the way Monty Python makes fun of accountants.

Sorry, after jumping off a mountain strapped to a hang glider, I will never find anything "thrilling" about watching a model fly, even a P-51. Aces High far exceeds any fun I ever had flying R/C. I  had a Sig Kadet Mk2 to learn, an ugly stick just for fun, and a Sig Cougar for aerobatics. They were all fun, but not as fun as my Corvette nor any real flying I have done. I have no delusions about the safety of flying hang gliders and ultralights. But I don't let fear of dying stop me from driving cars in traffic everyday, flying on airliners, or swimming at "shark infested" Florida beaches, so why would I let that stop me from doing my favorite thing of all time: flying in any way shape or form.

I don't fault you for liking R/C, I just fault your logic for saying those who only do scale models are boring and those that fly ultralights and real airplanes are crazy or stupid when they could be having so much more fun flying R/C.
i5(4690K) MAXIMUS VII HERO(32 Gb RAM) GTX1080(8 Gb RAM) Win10 Home (64-bit)
OUR MISSION: PROTECT THE FORCE, GET THE PICTURES, ...AND KILL MIGS!

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2002, 08:39:20 PM »
I just fault your logic for saying those who only do scale models are boring and those that fly ultralights and real airplanes are crazy or stupid when they could be having so much more fun flying R/C.

Jeeze, Streak.. you are Absolutely Correct! My logic is faulty. If it wasn't, and I was sane, I'd probably be an accoutant for monty python and have a big stamp collection.

Now, normally I'd rub my hands together with glee at the sight of the words 'corvette', 'hang-glider' and 'swimming at shark infested beaches' all in the same paragraph decrying a slam at stamp collectors ..err.. plastic model collectors...

ahh, what the hell. All in good fun; right? Yus, I wuz flickin some sand at the plastic model guys. Truth nbe told, I'm kinda envious of those guys.. they get all the chicks.

:D

wuss wuss wuss.  

Danger is what makes flying glamorous. And I'm all for glamour and getting chicks impressed. And you don't do that flying your toy, no matter how skillful you are.  

LOL.. 'getting chicks impressed'. 'Glamor' ROFL!!

You young puppies with yer flashy loud cars, gaudy death defying hang-gliders and shark filled pants are just the kinds of fellas that those poindexter amazinhunks at the FAA point to for justification of all the stoooopid rule toejam they come up with.

After the vette gets wrecked, yer license pulled, yer human-kite crashed and the shark winds up in the tuna can, then what'll yah have? Believe me, the chicks stop bein impressed when the kneepads wear out... and they vanish like the dew when the money runs out. Studley. *snicker*

So.. what'll yah have then?  A 21" monitor mirroring your life with a GAME simultation of risk? Nath's bragging rights?? LOL!

Again.. no thanks. We may not have ANY big titted babes with pouty lips hanging on our arms when we fly R/C, but thats only because we prefer to show off our FLYING toys at the field.

;)
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.