Author Topic: Flames Over Malta (Sunday TOD)  (Read 1469 times)

Offline bikekil

• Gold Member
Flames Over Malta (Sunday TOD)
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2002, 10:31:00 AM »
It will be. I flew Sicilly for axis, it was fun, though numbers were in Allies advantage badly.

Here Axis gonna have numbers.
I do not care about numbers, points, and win in a historic scenarious. I care about immersion. I just can get it all faster, more intense, and with much greater divercity in MA, but I do not get immersion out of MA.
It is all a question of ballance. You have to substitute some planes, just because AH plane set is limited, but you have to be extremely careful with it. 110c instead of ju87b is ok, seafire instead of gladiators, and hurrie IIC instead of Ib -- it is not.

So let's clear it:
HURRIES IIC WERE FLYING OVER MALTA IN 1941. PUNT
RAF had Hirries MK.IIb there as well, not only MK I's.
"at 27.06 ig42 Ark Royal delivered to Malta 22 NEW Hurricanes MKII including few MK II C's armored with 20mm cannons" For your information it was "Operation Railway I" 4 days later MAlta got another 22 of MKII's
THat wan not ONLY MKIIC's flying over Malta
Squadrons 69, 229 were flying on them... i could give you more of sqyadrons using it but i think i proven my poing strong enought and it's no longer worth of researching.

As for Seafires:
HMS "Agrus had SaeHurries mkI. Other Seafires were close to malta at the begining of 1942 on the deck of H.M.S Victorious.
That's why i added SeaFires becouse of lack of SeaHurries but with lowered numbers.

When you too care about "fun" at a price of "imersion" -- you get squad flying MA instead of TOD. Though may be that is what you want it to be, I do not know. But in my opinion this way is wrong.

Let's keep it short. I'm flying AH from 03.2000 - i spent some time here. Was participating in EVERY Big scenatio and saw a lot of action on MA.
Once i jioned CM Team i discussed with "senior" CM's this topic. At the begining my point was to have strictly historical TOD's but after we discussed it i realised that's not the right way here.
TOD's are historical based, but they [need] to be fun for all sides. Somtimes it costs some repleacements and improvements for some sides.
Fariz, i really see your points and i understand your fears here. My opinoin is, that BOTH sides can win this TOD with this planeset . All they need is to follow objectives and use his machines smart. With all respect, please hold with coments about this TOD before it starts. I would love to hear opinion of as expirienced pilot as you are after all :)
I can't post mission objectives for both sides here, so please wait with judging it.

Offline clouds

• Copper Member
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2002, 02:41:01 PM »
RGR That m8 ;)

Offline Esme

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2002, 04:20:10 PM »
Good grief! You think they NEED fighters armed with 20mm cannon in order to shoot down Ju88s?!  Why? Should be perfectly possible with 8 .303's, as per the Battle of Britain... :-}

And if it isnt possible to kill Ju88s with Spit and Hurri 1's, then somethings amiss with the weapons/damage system. If it's a case of pilots simply not using the right tactics, then that's up to them, but that wouldnt justify giving them extra-powerful planes. They should be encouraged to fly smarter instead! :-)

But whatever... I've flown Ju88's in late war games before... over Malta in 1941 shouldnt be TOO scary! :-} (fingers crossed)

Esme
CO, Kampfgeschwader 2 "Holzhammer"

Offline bikekil

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2002, 03:29:00 AM »
You think they NEED fighters armed with 20mm cannon in order to shoot down Ju88s?! Why?
Becouse numbers are 67:42 for Axis favour. I can't see it balanced with Allies flying around loaded with mg's only :) they need few 20mm's.
Of course it's possible to kill a JU with mg's.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2002, 03:32:43 AM by bikekil »

Offline bikekil

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2002, 03:37:08 AM »
Last note bifore announcing side assigments and sending orders to frame co's:
Axis- stop whininng about Hurries, just use your advanteges and kill them. It's to hard?
Allies- if you are lucky to be a mk IIC driver, don't shoot to JU's ;)

But serious - with that advantege yall could win it flying 202's or C47's. Just show up woth numbers you declared and wictory is yours :D
Good Luck Luftwhiners and Scummy Allies ;)

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2002, 04:56:24 AM »
Dont matter to me, I will gladly fly a HurricaneI as a substitute. Bring it on. I wish we had the Martlet (F4F) as well, next time I guess.

Looks good to me anyways Bike Killa .

We shall fly whatever you need. Should be a hoot.

Regards.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2002, 05:13:13 AM by Squire »
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline GA

• Gold Member
      • http://www.332viking.no
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2002, 10:13:46 AM »
Errrrr on 332 Vikings!!

We are in for Axis and wil like to fly JU88:eek:
After masses votes:confused:

And I thought I was the Boss :D, Did i gott that in my face that i said we gona fly for allieds and sefire :D

Offline clouds

• Copper Member
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2002, 12:11:52 PM »
Hehehehe GA.
The same for me.
I thought to fly with ALLIES this time (afther 4 TOD with AXIS) but my squadmates had almost kicked me out :p :)  (they like to play hard but.........for so short time) :cool:

Offline Esme

• Copper Member
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2002, 03:47:18 PM »
Originally posted by bike killa
Becouse numbers are 67:42 for Axis favour. I can't see it balanced with Allies flying around loaded with mg's only :) they need few 20mm's.
Of course it's possible to kill a JU with mg's.

Umm.. but generally, didn't bombers outnumber fighters 2:1 (sometimes more), so that's only 23 Axis fighters (and 44 Ju88s) vs 42 Allied fighters? *

;-)

Esme

*tongue firmly in cheek.

Looking forward to it, whetever the numbers of whatever types are! :-)

Offline bikekil

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2002, 04:15:25 PM »
Well... it dependes on Frame CO's choices :-]
I can't tell them to use X number or Y plane.
My job is to tell X number or Y planes are avaliable for you on Z airfield - you can use it (but there is no obligation ;-]

First thing you need in order to win an event are numbers
You could have unlimited on D9's avaliable but what 2/3 of expected folks are "no shows" you can't win it.

Second thing is a good idea, good action plan, conception of airships usage.

You don't need nothing more.
That's how i see it ;-]