Author Topic: An annoying feature  (Read 133 times)

Offline scspook

• Copper Member
      • The Skeleton Crew BBS
An annoying feature
« on: June 18, 2002, 08:28:07 AM »
;) yes yes...Whiner.

But only a small niggly one.

When you choose an amount of fuel in the hangar, ie 75% but only 25% is available at that field.  Why cant the game auto select 25% at that point instead of having to shrink the map and resize it to get to the tower?

I dont like auto minimising the clipboard as I use it in flight a lot and it doesnt resolve the issue of having to reup the clipboard to get to the runway.

A small whinge and something I imagine can be resolved with very little work (as far as programming goes), But one which annoys the hell out of me in game.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
An annoying feature
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2002, 08:35:33 AM »
A good sign that the game is solid when we nitpick things such as this (Not a slam to you, yours is a nit pick of mine...but strong indication that we're running out of major things to squeak about!) :)

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
An annoying feature
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2002, 08:54:17 AM »
I dot really get what your saying

1st use the right click on your mouse or page up and down to zoom the map. It will stay that size whether the clipboards up or not.

2nd when you goto a field with 25% fuel and you had 75% you dont have to drop the clipboard

just type

.fuel FuelLoadIndex   (The fuel load index must be from 0 to 3.)

0 = 25 1=50 2=75 3=100

All that happensd when you click fly is a pop window will say 25% fuel only click ok then type:

.fuel FuelLoadIndex   0

Clipboard is never minimized. and if you are zooming the entire clipboard try using right click or page up and down to zoom.

Theres a downloadable help file plus this stuff is on the htc page under help/dotcommands

Other then that I really dunnno what your talking about.

also type .fly and you wont have to
to reup the clipboard to get to the runway.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
An annoying feature
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2002, 09:01:04 AM »
It would be far more annoying to accidentaly set your fuel to 25% without knowing it. Like the old pony 'fuel bug' did.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Hooligan

• Silver Member
An annoying feature
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2002, 09:50:35 AM »
You can both move and resize the clipboard.  So if it covers something you want to see you can just move it or make it smaller.

Hooligan

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
An annoying feature
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2002, 10:02:58 AM »
Yes, thinking you had 100% when it loaded the 25% that is available would be much worse.

I think the clunky 3D set convergence and load screen is more annoying till you get used to being careful what you select. I sill end up dragging at least one gunset to 250 trying to hit the button to exit.

A nice 2D screen would be way better.

(Have a seperate window in 3D to rotate a view if that helps.)

Offline DmdNexus

• Silver Member
An annoying feature
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2002, 10:48:29 AM »
This is a User interface friendliness issue.

how about a compromise....

When there is a lower fuel amount at the field then what your plane is set at, the dialog says what the available amount is and also asks if you want to fly with that amount.

So if you are going from the tower to the runway and you select yes, the fuel is set, , and you are at the runway - you don't have to go to the hanger.

This same change would affect ordinance and drop tanks.

Offline Ouch

• Copper Member
An annoying feature
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2002, 11:29:41 AM »
DmdNexus,

That is EXCACTLY what should be happening if you follow the CHI (Computer Human Interface) standards for a GUI.

When an issue occurs with your operation, and a 'standard' response is available (operation = fly, issue = not_enough_fuel, standard_response=load_available_fuel) then the GUI interface SHOULD provide that as an option.  We would get 2 options presented to us, Fly_with_Available_Fuel, and Cancel.  The same would go for drop_tanks and ordnance (HAH, y'all though I was going to say ordinance didn't you!).

Now, putting this in would require a bit of work (setting up the flow of the operation so that as each issue is hit, a new window would pop up), but when they get done with everthing else, this should go on the list.

Ouch out