Author Topic: bishops key to success-not a flame  (Read 927 times)

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
bishops key to success-not a flame
« Reply #75 on: June 16, 2002, 05:12:31 PM »
Rgr that Hajo.Flying lone wolf makes it a whole new ball game.Flying with a group that WILL give you check 6's when needed greatly improves you chances of survival.After that its up to the pilots ability.Greater numbers vrs you make it harder and greater numbers running missions is next to impossable.Tables turn and balences shift.Just  gotta ride it out and up from farther bases.
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline Mino

• Copper Member
« Reply #76 on: June 17, 2002, 06:02:28 AM »
Here is my take on it.

With numbers a team can be offensive and defensive.  The team with numbers can do both pretty well.  Without numbers all you can really do well is either attack or defend, not both.  Notice how the war will stalemate when the numbers match up.

Now lets face facts here.  All many missions really do is get a gaggle players together and go attack a base defended almost solely by AI.  The other thing that a mission does is include the neccessary ingredient of a goon or two.

So the recipe is this:
  • Gather a gaggle of players
  • Make sure you have 1 or 2 goons
  • Attack the base AI
  • Disable the base so human players can't defend it from that base
  • Get the drunks in quickly before defence comes from somewhere else
This is a game strategy very commonly used, and it really can be alot of fun!

PS

The Bish horde will be the Bish horde. :)

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: June 17, 2002, 06:18:35 AM »
This kind of post are becoming extremly boring.

If you are so badly outnumbered :

Start recruiting new player for your country !

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: June 17, 2002, 06:45:18 AM »
That's a great idea straffo.. Where's the recruiting office and the target group?

This is exactly why somekind of balancing tool is needed to spread the playerbase more evenly. Existing accounts could remain the same, just put the new accounts according to numbers - country loyalty seems to keep them mostly in the original country in the long run.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: June 17, 2002, 06:56:31 AM »
If you cannot live with being from time to time outnumbered

Just spend 149.50$ and voila ! 10 mercenary willing to help you at all cost !

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: June 17, 2002, 07:13:11 AM »
A quick search on "outnumbered" give 562 threads ( I know that not all are relevant but it compensate thoose I've missed )...

The biggest problem with AH

Bishop / Knight pact

Those threads have almost 3 year now ...

And at this time 4 player were able to "unbalance" (I hate this word) the Arena ...

I've found a gem !

04-17- 2000 03:44 AM

Fatty

All other things being equal I like to attack the one that's going to whine about it the loudest. We used to hit the knights a lot, but they never complained, just fought back. More recently we've discovered that the rooks squeal very nicely when poked, followed by innumerable conspiracy theories.

This makes for not only the enjoyment of the Aces High model, but also the greatly amusing channel 1 protests.

------------------
Fatty
FAT DRUNK BASTARDS

Brilliant Fatty ;)

And still true more than 2 years later :D

here :
Mass Rook Defections
« Last Edit: June 17, 2002, 07:55:39 AM by straffo »

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2002, 07:30:04 AM »
:)
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Mave

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.efw-sog.com/
SIGH....
« Reply #82 on: June 17, 2002, 07:52:15 AM »
Never ending war among the forum dweebs...How about this....

All three countries bring me each one of the hottest chicks you have and then I will make the final decision on who wins the war. But then again I win, and that would not be fair right? :)

Thats fair right?

Lets see how our new AH plays out.

Mave

Offline Goth

• Nickel Member
« Reply #83 on: June 17, 2002, 07:56:43 AM »
This kind of post are becoming extremly boring.

If you are so badly outnumbered :

Start recruiting new player for your country !

That's a good idea, lemme try it.........

Hey Vati and the rest of the Flying Circus, why don't you guys come join the rooks. We have many benefits I think you will enjoy and here's just a few of em:

• You will be joining an unorganized country of whiners where everyone is a general and no one wants to follow.
  • Tactically, the rooks make some of the poorest decisions I have ever seen.
  • No one ever checks your 6.
  • We have some of the nicest fleece lined equipment from our abused sheep.

Ok, so that's an unfair list and in all actuality I would like to see the Circus boys fly with us. Rooks can kick butt even when outnumbered, I think we have some good pilots and more often than not I don't mind being outnumbered, but damn, I sure could use a permasquelch option.

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: June 17, 2002, 08:42:25 AM »
Originally posted by Goth

• You will be joining an unorganized country of whiners where everyone is a general and no one wants to follow.
  • Tactically, the rooks make some of the poorest decisions I have ever seen.
  • [/B]

That's a pretty accurate description of the Rooks last night. We had the advantage in numbers, Bish were down to just 3 fields, Knits had 6 less than Rooks. What happened? Bish held on, Rooks attacked every field with no more than four aircraft, meanwhile Knits rolled up Rooks in North, cause nearly everyone was down South. Rooks offered a good imitation of a fire drill in an ant hill. Bish tried NOE attack on A16 in the south. Despite having well over 100 players in the south, many just 5 minutes away, just two responded to repeated calls to save A16. So, my Squad went over, and along with the two Rooks who rushed there, saved the base. It seemed to me that the Rooks were mind-locked last night, unable to adapt to changing circumstances. This and the inability (or unwilligness) to organize cost them the opportunity for the reset.

Kudos to the Bishops for their dogged determination not to lose. Likewise, the Knits did well by exploiting the Rook's single-mindedness.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: June 17, 2002, 09:50:23 AM »
Hey Vati and the rest of the Flying Circus, why don't you guys come join the rooks. We have many benefits I think you will enjoy and here's just a few of em:

LOL Thanks Goth.We thought about a tour off Bish but it would have caused probs.Die hards die hard.   to ya anyway.
  Great fight last night too.:rolleyes:
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.