Author Topic: Rampaging Rooks of Retribution please look.  (Read 333 times)

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
Rampaging Rooks of Retribution please look.
« on: December 21, 2001, 07:01:00 AM »
Will one of the rampaging rooks please tell your squad mate hulka something for me?

Last night I inadvertently hit my check 6 button instead of my wep button on my stick during combat. Unfortunately, hulka was the recipient. As I was rather busy at the time, I didn't convey my apology, then forgot about it. We took the field and I began my approach for landing. Just about to touch down when I got a check 6 call from hulka. Thinking we musta missed some bad guys, I freaked and waved off. Nope, just a payback  :)

Anyway, I tried several times after that to let hulka know what happened, even going to private channel but he never responded.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2001, 07:19:00 AM »
I was there at the central island (never look at field numbers), it was busy, crazy, and confused. I sent some calls that were probably received by the wrong people, but I don't worry. As busy as it was, everyone needed to look over their shoulders constantly anyway.

FWIW, I also do not intentionally send bogus messages. It does happen, your heart was in the right place.

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2001, 07:36:00 AM »
Thanks kieran. I'm sure I've done it before but apparently hulka took issue to it. I state this because when he gave me the 6 call, tweren't no baddies around, just us purps...er rooks.  :)

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2001, 11:55:00 AM »
Apache,  I passed this on to our board in case Hulka doesnt see it here.  That night things were bad all over, I know I gave a couple of bad checks and I got a few too.  I would much rather get an invalid check 6 message than nothing at all, at least it lets me know that people are looking out for each other.  Just yesterday I was flying and noticed a Mossie heading for me at my 8 or 9 oclock being chased by 3 or 4 rooks.  I started to turn towards the Mossie as he gained on me thinking I could turn my 109g10 tighter and get out of his way.  Nope, he shot me down first pass and not one check 6 from any of those guys.  

My guess is he didnt check 6 ya for retaliation cause Hulka isn't that kind of guy although he was pretty ticked that night so he might have cracked.

Also he probably squelchs channel 1 for the same reasons I squelch it.  Just too much stuff flying across that text buffer to keep track of everything.

Anyway, not trying to speak for Hulka just letting you know message recieved and passed on.

Offline FlyingDuckSittingSwan

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2001, 12:07:00 PM »
Let's cut the bullsh*it. He waits for you to land, then gives you a check-6.
I wonder who nuked you?
Now, I'm not Sherlock Holmes, but in my assumption, Hulka has nothing to do with you being nuked. Obviously.
Why would he? Motive? And of course then you have the fact that he's not a vindictive guy in the least.

So there you go.

As Sherlock once said "eliminate the impossible, and whatever remains, however improbable, is the answer".

Some people take this game way too serious.

p.s. I know..."mind you own business!"

sorry, I just hate lamerz...  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2001, 01:25:00 PM »
FDSS-

I ain't sayin' mind your own business, necessarily. I'm just wondering how your post relates to the thread in any way. Nuking? As in "WinNuke"?  :confused:

The "Check Six" call comes in white and tells you who sent it. No way to mistake who gave the call. If that is your "Nuke", you start on an erroneous assumption. You really should P2P, this stuff would make sense to you then.

Offline FlyingDuckSittingSwan

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2001, 01:36:00 PM »
I'm sorry...i am a newbie at the internet and all this is beyod me. I feel embaressed.  :o

Offline Beegerite

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2001, 02:02:00 PM »
Apache;
I too will make sure that Hulka knows it was an accident.  Damn problem with the checksix is it's lack of control most specially when things are hot and heavy.  Most of us have scared the bejesus out of people in here.
Probably a good idea to take a horse tranquilizer before playing AH.  Then you don't give a rat's bellybutton  :D

Beeg
CO RRR

Offline -Concho-

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2001, 05:01:00 PM »
Few of Apache's chk 6 calls have saved my butt, atleast he is giving them  :)

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2001, 05:11:00 PM »
Beeg and Airscrew. Thanks guys for expressing my apology to hulka. I've since remapped my wep key too, lol.