Author Topic: HT...A Suggestion For MA Chat  (Read 81 times)

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
HT...A Suggestion For MA Chat
« on: June 18, 2002, 01:01:12 PM »
Some of us like to fly with channel 1 squelched.The only problem with this is unless the other guy private messages you,you can't see his return or other humourous comments.Here's my idea that might make AH in general a more fun enviroment.

1:Have a chat key that private messages the last plane you shot down(or that shot you down).

This would enable you to fly with (or without) squelch1 and with 1 key press enable you to exchange salutes and messages without the whole arena seeing it.

2:A squelch list.

This would be needed as well .If you didn't want return messages from certian people,they'd get a message"player xxx has general squelch enabled".Non personal and not likely to offend anyone that was individually squelched.

I believe this idea would promote less open channel grandstanding and more player to player sportsmanship.

SirLoin...out!.. :)
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2002, 01:12:48 PM »
It's not a bad idea, but I'd rather keep my text buffer as clear as possible. By making it easier to basically IM people you were just engaged with, your opening the door to the normal "You warped", "Vulch", "cheater" whines.

A perma-squelch list would prevent this, but who wants to be bothered contstantly adding names. I just want to fly. I don't care what my enemy has to say, be it an insult or a compliment.

Sorry, just not my cup of tea.

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2002, 04:29:56 PM »
Originally posted by muckmaw

A perma-squelch list would prevent this, but who wants to be bothered contstantly adding names.

I wouldn't have a problem with adding names.It's pretty easy I'd think...
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline steely07

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2002, 03:01:49 AM »
Good idea :),i personally squelch 1 and 6 so don't get to talk to 2/3 of you online...but in advance here is an for all those who kill me :)
 Steely
Aces High, Wing Commander, Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group: www.dickweedhbg.com

FSO Films : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFs6CAXBQoVBctljybD65fA?view_as=subscriber