Author Topic: DOH....my first use of Perk plane a disaster  (Read 559 times)

Offline FlyingDuckSittingSwan

• Copper Member
DOH....my first use of Perk plane a disaster
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2001, 07:38:00 PM »
I got the F4C up. Went to defend a CV from these bogeys. When I got there, all the bastards completely ignored the CV and started chasing me.  :mad:  It was like I was a big magnet. I was trying to run away but there were too many.

Can people tell if you are flying a perked F4?

Offline Regurge

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2001, 07:47:00 PM »
Back when the arado ratos did damage, I was in a big arado HQ raid. Probably 6 or 8 of us all rolling down the same runway. So I get in the air and the ratos have run out. I was looking out the back as they jettisoned and smacked into they guy right behind me, killshootering my wing off.

Offline majic

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2001, 10:53:00 PM »
I don't believe they can FDSS.  Should just show same as dhog.

Offline fdiron

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2001, 02:59:00 AM »
One time I accidently took off with 25% fuel.  I flew to a forward airbase under heavy attack.  I shot down an N1k then my engines flamed out.  Set up for an extremely short final and some crazy P51 mustang came down and strafed me.

Offline Elysian

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2001, 03:12:00 AM »
Lol fdiron, that crazy p51 was me <S>.  Saw your 262 coming towards the field, thought I'd see if I could manuever for a shot.  Swung around behind you and almost shat myself when I saw how quickly I was closing on you.  Cut throttle, turned to slow myself down, got lucky and made the shot.

Some guy upped a 262 from a capped base about a month ago, got him on take off.  As if that wasn't goofy enough, he ups another 262 from a nearby base, and comes back to exact revenge on me.  The guy came in very fast, deliberately picking my Dora out of the furball -- I turned around just enough to catch him in a HO, he missed and I didn't  :).  

Elysian/cmorris

Offline moose

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ccrhl.com
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2001, 03:28:00 AM »
ive blown a few 262s this tour to collisions. only been shot down twice in them

i was having a grand time at the con - was harrassing all those prop fighters when i get bounced by two 262s.

with some of the FDBs behind me telling me how feked I was , i ran like hell with both enemy jets anywhere from d200 - d600. i dunno how i got out of it but i was saying my prayers after that one. they musta chased me two sectors in mindano valleys and mountains. it was crazy.

i think one of the pilots was Kieran, but i could be wrong.
<----ASSASSINS---->

Offline Blue Mako

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org/BLUEmako.htm
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2001, 06:02:00 PM »
Originally posted by FlyingDuckSittingSwan:
Can people tell if you are flying a perked F4?

F4U-4 shows as "F4U4"

F4U-1C has an all blue nose, F4U-1D has a yellow band on the nose so it's pretty obvious when you get in visual range.