Author Topic: Great fun today ... thnx!  (Read 200 times)

Teapot

Great fun today ... thnx!
« on: July 08, 2000, 04:03:00 AM »
Just wanted to say that I had a whole lot of fun this afternoon in the MA.

Having never flown in the FW-190A5, I decided to take it for a spin. Wowsers! I'm certainly not an experienced pilot, but I agree with Hristo's description. He used the analogy of an F-16, on another thread.

It also feels 'just right', as if the designers took a body/mindset cast of the pilot, and built the plane around it. Certainly I understand that for its day, it was an innovative and technological marvel.  

Personally I find the P-51D to be the more difficult plane to fly to the limits of 'my' expertise  , and of course so typically fickle of me ... I now have this thing going for the Juggernaut.

But back to the main topic, Draks, Kieren and all the other deluded souls as myself around A29, I had a blast!!

Best day I've had so far!

Cheers
Yosus.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2000, 08:28:00 AM »
"Confessions of a T & B Pilot"

Dear Diary, Day 4 of the madness and it grows worse. Four days I've been flying the 190A5 now and every day it gets smoother. I'm starting to look for Ommpa pa music on nampster!

My poor zeke sits in the hanger collecting dust, and my C.205 sits dejected next to it.
Where and when will this end? Lately instead of takeing off from the closest field I even find myself launching from f11. Makeing sure I have lots of time for a nice climb to alt before finding any enemy.

The really scary part is that I throw myself at every bomber I see instead of avoiding them. I don't even dare talk about the joys of chaseing down p51's, P47's & F4u-C's. These planes that used to give me so much trouble are now my fav prey.

It's must just be a phase I'm going through.

(Walks away muttering to himself)

it's just a phase

I can quit anytime

It's just a phase

LW isn't so bad, it's still axis after all

Teapot

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2000, 04:53:00 PM »
lol Ghosth ... it's funny how attached we get to the 'idea' of an aeroplane.

I think my strongest attachment is for the F4U-1D ... but I find the P47-D interprets my 'idea' of the Hog better than the Hog does in AH.

My concepts of the planes are based on the tid-bits I've read here and there. Not exactly empirical  .

Cheers
Yosus

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2000, 06:51:00 PM »
In two weeks we have a sig:

Ghosth I/JG2  

Yosus

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2000, 08:04:00 PM »
Not sure what you mean Staga ... but I already do have a sig  

Cheers
Yosus

------------------
“One day, flight simulation will be so realistic, that you’ll really need to wear brown corduroy … “