Author Topic: CT @7:50 Eastern Time being Fixed  (Read 424 times)

Offline jarbo

• Copper Member
CT @7:50 Eastern Time being Fixed
« on: June 17, 2002, 06:51:43 PM »
Apparently the orginal CT settings setup by Sabre got corrupted or lost.  Sabre is in the process of reinitializing and setting up the arena.  This should take about 1-1.5 hours.  Sorry for the delay.

Jarbo
CT Staff

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2002, 07:15:03 PM »
It was not as bad as I thought. Everything's back as it should be. Sorry for the disruption.  You may now go back to killing each other.

Sabre
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2002, 03:05:47 AM »
Better Kick the machine again Sabre. It's gone TANGO UNIFORM again.

Last night a combined force of VF-27 & No. 880 Sqdn FAA hit port 40 and wrecked the whole arena.

NEVER LET IT BE SAID THAT THE CARRIER FORCES OF THE U.S. NAVY OR THE ROYAL NAVY FAILED TO DO IT'S PART!  :D

In the future might I make the following suggestion:

Have only two sides (Axis & Allied) so their is no possibility of "Accidently" taking out the neutral sides fields and the arena crashing.

You get the bugs out and this will be a KILLER terrain - my favorite so far. !
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2002, 07:55:08 AM »
Crima-nittly!  There were three Bish bases, so it shouldn't have reset the arena with just P40 gone.  Jeeze, can't people read the MOTD?  It states right up front to leave the Bish bases alone.:mad:  I also double checked the arena settings, to insure if it did happen that the countries wouldn't rotate.  So it should have gone back to the original set-up after a reset.  I'll get to it as soon as I can, but I just arrived at work...I won't be home for about nine hours.

As for having only two sides, you're correct Andijg.  Unfortunately, we're stuck with the terrains as they're designed.  Weazel was in the process of updating this one, but put it on hold pending clarification of the new strat system.  If we could cut the number of fleets by about a third, and put in more small fields sprinkled about, AND move the neutral third country's token fields and strat off map, it would be a kick-but terrain.  Here's hoping Weazel can get back to it soon.  We've also got a great Solomons/New Guinea terrain the Wotan built waiting for HTC review and approval.  I'd have used that one instead, but it wasn't ready.  So it was the Philippines or Ndisles.  

Sabre
CT Staff
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2002, 08:56:11 AM »
Yeah sorry about that.  Just didnt realize the bish base would be in such a stupid place.

Still glad you gave us weasels rather than ndisles.