Author Topic: Something is wrong with the Baltic map.  (Read 237 times)

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
Something is wrong with the Baltic map.
« on: November 04, 2001, 09:07:00 PM »
I've got 11-12 disco's on it.  I believe 1 was an actual disco, the other ones were all crashes or freezes.  I had a grand total of 9 disco's last tour.  The entire tour, I played for prolly 80 hours or so.

I've got less than 10 hours in this tour (a lot less than 10 hours) and I already have more disco's, lockups, freezes than I had ALL of last month?  

I'm no computer expert.  I know my way around them OK, but I'm definately no guru.  However, I DO know that if a programs behavior changes, that was the result of something ELSE changing.  Games don't just lock up for the hell of it.

Aces High was running normally last month.  This month, on the new map, I am having TONS of problems.  

So, what changed?

EDIT:  I just worked up how much time per "disco" for last tour and this tour.  Last tour, 8.4 HOURS between disconnects (which includes lock-ups, CTD's {not sure if I had any last tour though}).  This tour, 44 MINUTES between disconnects.

Again... I changed NOTHING on my system.  Didn't install any new software, any new drivers, any DirectX, NOTHING.  Since I started having problems I've been trying to solve it by loading different drivers and such, nothing has solved it so far.

[ 11-04-2001: Message edited by: Urchin ]

Offline jpeg

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.steveo.us
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2001, 09:13:00 PM »
I've had two major problems since change of maps

1. "Invalid Weapon set"

2. Instant deaths as soon as i pick a runway

I'm not the only one from what i read in the game and in the bug report section of this BBS

Edit:
Ok I just read in the feedback section this reply from hiTech about the weapon set

"type .ord 0 0 0"

[ 11-04-2001: Message edited by: jpeg ]

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2001, 09:36:00 PM »
In addition to the "instant spawn deaths", there is another spawn-related problem...

Sometimes, instead of dying, I am merely damaged.  Once today, for example, my plane crashed to the ground as soon as I spawned--the landing gear had been destroyed.

Damaged plane soawn, however, is far less common than simply exploding.

J_A_B

Rojo

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2001, 08:17:00 AM »
Getting my share of discos ("Host connection lost"), CTD's, and lockups.  Had very few discoes before the new tour started, and no CTD's or lockups.

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2001, 08:54:00 AM »
Been totally stable here, connection wise. Frame rate is lowish, but that'sbecause my system sucks. It was marginal before 1.08.

"Invalid weapons set" bug happens quite a few times. No discos or CTD's though, knock on wood.

This new server is working great for me - much less lag than before. Great going HTC!

Offline Sky Viper

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.no54squad.com
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2001, 09:37:00 AM »
I was fine up to the New Server installation.

Since then, I get that stupid "Invalid Weapon Set."
Trying to jump from field to field to get it to go away is worthless.

If I sit there for a minute or 2, it will stop.
Been some other Funky Happenings since the new server came up too.
Host Queue time stays high more often, and now it has spikes toward zero.
Before, I would get 0 Queue Time and occasional spikes.
Interesting note: when the Queue time is 0 I don't get "Invalid Weapon Set."

Viper

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2001, 11:01:00 AM »
Question:  is there a way to get Alt Verio Route to the new server?  

I, too, have seen a lot of invalid weapon sets and experienced 4 or 5 random discos (1 just after landing an Ar234!).  I'd like to choose the alt-verio route since that has been very very stable to me in the past.

Baltic map is quite fun, tho many of the runways are literally in "craters" or in between 2 valleys (i.e. 43).  Getting a jet in/out of those is quite challenging!

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2001, 11:55:00 AM »
There's one route to the MA.

If the host queue is spiking alot, but never goes above 5ms, then ignore it because it is simply an issue with the new server's new operating system.

If it spikes above that, reboot or relog and chances are it will go away (it has for others).

I've gotten the invalid weapon set, but changed planes in the hangar and picked different weapons or reset my weapon load out for the current plane I'm going to fly. It should reset your load out.

I haven't blown up or been damaged when I spawn, it's probably because you guys are spawning without checking your weapon load outs after you get that message.
-SW

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2001, 01:28:00 PM »
strangly i had instant ctd or host connect lost the first time i D/L the new map.I reset computer tried it again and got same thing.every time i got into tower for maybe 5 seconds before freeze/con loss.
I figured I'd got a corrupt D/L and switched off again to try one more time before i was going to redownload.
Its been fine ever since! now that is strange.