Author Topic: WEP  (Read 250 times)

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
WEP
« on: December 21, 2001, 01:22:00 PM »
Aside from using it too long, is there anything that can cause WEP to become un-available?

Was flying a P-51D earlier and couldn't use WEP.  I had not used it at all that flight, all I had been doing is climbing at 200 MPH, pressed "P" and......nothing.  Tried to extend away to figure out problem but couldn't shake off Zygote, got shot down and re-upped for a test, it worked fine (of course it'll work when I don't need it).

And broke my keyboard from pounding on "P".  Fortunately I got it working again although it sounds funny.

I think this is all part of the global conspiracy against me.

J_A_B

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
WEP
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2001, 01:28:00 PM »
The higher you are, the less effective it is in boosting power.  At a point, selecting WEP wont be noticable, usually somewhere above 20k.

Dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
WEP
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2001, 01:40:00 PM »
Right on the deck it should be noticable   :)

But the manifold pressure stayed stuck right at 61.  This has never happened to me before, haven't heard of it happening to anyone else, it's probably a one-time glitch with my keyboard or something of the sort.

I'm still interested in other theories though.

J_A_B

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
WEP
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2001, 01:47:00 PM »
I have had my WEP kick out or fail to work at all for a while now- I'd chalked it up to my aging CH Throttle losing calibration and dropping below max setting on its own. That would account for the sporadic nature of the WEP.

Offline Shire_PLH

• Zinc Member
WEP
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2001, 01:47:00 PM »
maybe throttle wasnt pushed all the way forward to 100%?

Offline K West

• Silver Member
WEP
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2001, 01:50:00 PM »
cc. had my CH pro throttle giving me fits once. It would not got to 100% thjrottle and hence wep would not work. I've also had it not got to 0 % and as a result I could not idle either  :)   Both times it took repetative calibrating in windows to fix.

Not had that problem since I starting use the Rockfire USB-game port adapter ealier this year.

That may be his trouble. check your "P" key in the AH kemapper too. Just in case

Westy

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
WEP
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2001, 02:13:00 PM »
Ah, the throttle calibration may indeed have been the cause--my joystick was unplugged earlier today and I never did re-calibrate.  I will have to remember to re-calibrate next time I fly  :)

(Actually it came unplugged while I was on AH earlier and I augered.....some days are better tha others lol)

Thanks for the suggestion!

J_A_B

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
WEP
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2001, 02:38:00 PM »
Has happened to me.I had throttle wheel at 95% so no WEP.
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Pyemia

• Copper Member
      • http://No
WEP
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2001, 03:28:00 PM »
sorry JAB, if you had told me I would've broken off.

Really   :D

Zygote

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
WEP
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2001, 09:33:00 PM »
No problem at all Zygote you just saved me the trouble of having to land   :)

Good shooting by the way, most La7 guys waste a lot more.

J_A_B