Author Topic: 12 O'Clock High; A Quinn-Martin Production  (Read 408 times)

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
12 O'Clock High; A Quinn-Martin Production
« on: June 19, 2002, 12:04:56 PM »
Anybody remember that program?  I was quite young when it came out in the 1960's, but from what I can remember it was by far a better program than Black Sheep Squadron.

What are your thoughts?

Regards, Shuckins

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: 12 O'Clock High; A Quinn-Martin Production
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2002, 04:44:57 PM »
Originally posted by Shuckins
Anybody remember that program?  I was quite young when it came out in the 1960's, but from what I can remember it was by far a better program than Black Sheep Squadron.

What are your thoughts?

It wasn't that much better.  And it got worse when they killed Savage and substituted Gallagher.

- oldman

Offline akak

• Silver Member
      • http://www.479thraiders.com
Re: Re: 12 O'Clock High; A Quinn-Martin Production
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2002, 09:10:24 PM »
Originally posted by Oldman731

It wasn't that much better.  And it got worse when they killed Savage and substituted Gallagher.

- oldman

At least 12 O'Clock High didn't have Corsairs out turning Zekes, or Zekes chasing down Corsairs.  but then 12 O'Clock High didn't have all those nice looking chicas in short shorts either :c)

Ack-Ack

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2002, 03:11:42 PM »
ahhh 12 O'Clock High
I remember it but I don't remember it, if you know what I mean.
I'd like to see it on syndication, or if it is... get the channel that shows it.
I've seen the Black Sheep Squadron soo many times now. It is kind of funny picking out the bo-boos they make in it though.
Case in point: They warn a guy he has a Zeke on his 6 and his response... "my guns are jammed, someone help me!'
Unless he has custom guns firing off his 6, they wouldn't help anyway :D
And showing P51 gun footage when the P38 was firing.
Why did they even put that Jeb character in??
My opinion, Pappy needed someone on the set who was even shorter than he was :D

[ahhhhhhh shaddup fuze!!] :rolleyes:
OK , I will.

fuzeman
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Red Tail 444

• Gold Member
      • http://www.redtail.org
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2002, 11:54:45 AM »
Yan and women were NEVER that close to the lines, they would be in the rear area anyway.

Conrad, in the show, was far too diplomatic, sober, and soft in the middle...But the show DID get me hooked on "Big Blue" :)

Gainsie

Offline SpinDoc1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2002, 03:24:37 PM »
In Black Sheep Squadron, I saw a scene where they didn't have enough zeros to film it, so they used an old AT-6 harvard painted in Japanese colors, you could clearly tell by the close landing gear configuration and the straighter wing design of the T-6 as it rolled away from the camera. I was amazed they did that.

Jason
AKSpnDoc
Spin Doc's Aces High VR Video channel! https://youtu.be/BKk7_OOHkgI

Offline BOOT

• Copper Member
      • http://www.327th.org
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2002, 05:59:22 PM »
I remember 12 Oclock High...

I would watch the program with my dad.  Then I would retire to the garage and fly a B-17 using my moms 1960 Plymouth Valiant.
I dropped eggs on many targets and shot down inumerable me-109s in that old plymouth... LOL

I would love to see that in syndication again...

Black Sheep lost my interest when the had an episode where they shot down Yammamoto...  using P-51's  and with the Black Sheep flying interference for the ponies...  That suked

BOOT