Author Topic: Blue screen  (Read 1031 times)

Offline FreeFlight

• Zinc Member
Blue screen
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2002, 03:21:33 AM »
well if it creates them as you set the game up, i still have an uncreated video7.cfg file and the bsod preventing me from creating those files

what in the world is preventing that video settings screen to come up
« Last Edit: June 25, 2002, 03:23:41 AM by FreeFlight »

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
Blue screen
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2002, 03:44:20 AM »
i have no idea at the moment ill think about it some more tommorrow  though ... u can email me if you want same addy as above. it sounds like something still isnt quite right somewere .
i have a pc at work to so ill do some more thinking then ...
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline FreeFlight

• Zinc Member
Blue screen
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2002, 03:46:35 AM »
alright, thanks a bunch

but, Aces High didnt work on my mom's computer either, so i did that delete video7.cfg and the video screen popped up and everything is running smoothly on that computer, is there a way i can maybe transfer the files from that computer on to this computer?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2002, 04:53:40 AM by FreeFlight »

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
Blue screen
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2002, 09:45:06 AM »
well at least it works on one pc :D

now for ur pc .. do you remember what video drivers u used befor ?(when the game was working )
you may have to go back to these. (the new drivers may be using more ram then ur old one)

as for copying these game settings from one pc to another ...

I dont recommend it at all . ( I just crashed a new pc trying this)

I'd try unistalling the game and a fresh install again .

the only reasons a game like this wont open and bsod's is either cpu speed, ram/memory, incorrect settings,
system resources/extra stuff running.
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent

Offline FreeFlight

• Zinc Member
Blue screen
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2002, 10:32:10 AM »
well the driver i was using before was Rage IIC AGP but AH was once running on my Geforce

as far the the Rage goes.. i did something to it and i dont know how to get it back, when i plug in my monitor to the Rage only my desktop shows up.. no icons no cursor, nothing, i believe i dont have the monitor drivers installed on the Rage, and i cant seem to find my monitor software..

can I have a Geforce and a Rage installed at 1 time or do I have to uninstall one and install the other, if so theres the source of my problem

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
Blue screen
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2002, 11:02:03 AM »
i think your looking in the right place now .and yes you can have them installed at the same time as long as there are no conflicts,you just have to besure that you have the correct one selected.
Roscoroo ,

Offline FreeFlight

• Zinc Member
Blue screen
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2002, 11:06:28 AM »
well the only one I can select is the Geforce

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
Blue screen
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2002, 11:34:19 AM »
you may have to remove it to get it to reconize the other one.and with two different video cards you may have a conflict going on there also. hmmm
Roscoroo ,

Offline FreeFlight

• Zinc Member
Blue screen
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2002, 11:53:49 AM »
Well I took out my Geforce and got my rage and all the CORRECT drivers installed

you don't know how happy I am to load Aces High with out seeing that freakin' annoying as hell blue screen

but what I dont understand is a 6 year old Rage card will do the job but a year Geforce2 old wont

1 step closer to success, when i get to the clipboard, my cursor is frozen.. it skips around like every 5 seconds from preventing me from clicking on anything... this was the same exact problem on the other computer, i deleted video7.cfg and it was fine and working, but on this computer everytime i delete it, it comes back

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
Blue screen
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2002, 01:19:09 PM »
your close now.... i just hope ur not using a ms trackball/digital mouse its little program has messed up on every pc I have installed it on and used for gaming. I currently run it without its program installed .(the ms mouse did the same thing on my pent 3 which is very similar to your pc's specs)
if its a normal mouse this  glitch wants to tell me that sys ram is to low still . or you may need to adjust your mouse yet .

you really need to get your ram up to at least 256 w/ a 333mhz cpu. it would help alot . ( i buy tested 128 sticks for less then $30 at my local pc shop)
Roscoroo ,

Offline FreeFlight

• Zinc Member
Blue screen
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2002, 02:35:59 PM »
well I was using a Logitech digital mouse, i switched over to a regular ball mouse and uhh, it was still skipping around but as far as ram, wouldnt 128mb be enough? I keep my computer clean, under its performance is 85% free, i run scandisk and defrag every week, so wouldn't there be enough free ram to run the games 'cursor'

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Blue screen
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2002, 03:55:26 PM »
If you have loaded DX8.1,..make sure you get the latest video drivers from ATI's WEB site.  If you installed the video drivers from the CD that came with the card, then....

1)  Go to ATI's WEB site (http://www.ati.com) and get the latest Catalyst drivers for your video card.  Save them to a directory on your local HD.
NOTE:  These drivers will require DX8.1.  If you have not installed it, then go to Microsoft's WEB site and get DX8.1 and install it.

2)  Go to Control Panel and use the Add/Remove Software utility to remove the ATI software

3)  Reboot (at that time you will be in VGA mode,...dunt panic)

4)  Now, run the file you downloaded from ATI's WEB site.  It will install the drivers for your card.

5)  Reboot after it is complete and setup the video display to your liking.

6)  Make sure your monitor is detected correctly.  If it is not, then install the INF file for it.

128MB of ram with W98 is plenty.

Hope that helps.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
Blue screen
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2002, 04:15:00 PM »
I'll let ya pick Skuzzy's Brain for awhile . :D
Roscoroo ,

Offline FreeFlight

• Zinc Member
Blue screen
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2002, 04:48:29 PM »
well, I do have directx8.1 installed, i downloaded those drivers, did everything you said to do in the correct order, but the cursor is still skipping.

I dont understand this, My other computer had the same exact problem, i deleted video7.cfg and it works now fine, with this computer, i'll delete video7.cfg, then the video settings screen comes up, i chose my settings and then the file is recreated..and the cursor is still being dumb

btw thanks for all the help Rosc, I appreciate it