Author Topic: Jaws:  (Read 91 times)

Offline SPIKER

• Copper Member
Jaws:
« on: June 27, 2002, 12:44:57 AM »
I have not heard about this one yet..

Hokahey and I were enjoying a round with about 5 fighters (Spit,HURR and Niks), we were in PT's just off the coast.  When Hokahey said "What was that", he said that the HURR went into the water,went under him and killed Hokahey.
I said ooook
I quickly spawned up and we both turned the recorders on.  Lets just say that George Lucas would wonder how they did all that they did.

I am not on my system at the moment, and will attach the films ASAP.

Good Huntin
   spiker

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
Jaws:
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2002, 06:16:19 AM »
Think its just lag. Ive seen planes I thought would crash go into the ground and come back out like that. Its the connection. It even gave me a kill once I saw a low 110 in my hurri-c so I dived on him. He tried to spilt-s too low on my end he went underground, on his end he musta bent his props. As he came back above ground my burst of hispano hit the ground above him and knocked his tail off without hitting him!
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!

Offline SPIKER

• Copper Member
Jaws:
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2002, 07:41:35 AM »
Pooh21

Thanks for the info, look forward to trying some of those underground run's

Good Huntin
  spiker

Offline moose

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ccrhl.com
Jaws:
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2002, 07:44:40 AM »
You don't understand Spiker

Since internet lag causes planes to be like d100-d300 behnid where they really are, sometimes people can appear to hit the ground and come back out

On their FE they flew really close to the ground but since they're lagged, on yours they didn't cut the dive as closely and they went under the terrain (but didnt die because collisions are modelled on client FE)
<----ASSASSINS---->