Author Topic: get ready for "capture" and "zone" confusion  (Read 117 times)

Offline wantok

• Copper Member
get ready for "capture" and "zone" confusion
« on: June 26, 2002, 09:00:06 PM »
with 1.10, we will now have two different kinds of "capture" - and two different meanings for the word "zone".

we have good old field capture, same as always.  and the way to win the reset is still to capture all an enemy's fields but one.

but now we will also have zone capture - capturing a zone's primary field, which gives you control over the zone's supply systems, but does not mean instantly taking control of all the fields in the zone  (note that you can't  zone-capture an enemy's "primary zone" - the one that contains the HQ).

so in this supply-system sense, the word zone doesn't mean the fields in a particular area, it really just means the supply system in that area.

but of course zone also means the actual geographic area covered by a supply system... and so we will have situations where a country owns "half a zone" in the geographic sense, but does not own the zone at all in the supply sense.

be warned.
Madina ... AHWiki

Offline Raly

• Zinc Member
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2002, 09:02:34 PM »
And I'm glad I wasn't one of the people coding all of that -- it must have been a big headache. But, AH gets more dynamic (cool).

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2002, 09:34:38 PM »
This concept isnt too hard to grasp guys.  Ya capture a field, and get the goodies that go with it.  Same capture system.. just a few fields that have added benefits. :p
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline majic

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2002, 09:54:08 PM »
I'm confused as to where the confusion is....

Offline wantok

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2002, 11:33:54 PM »
i've already come across people who thought that, when you capture the primary field of a zone, all the fields in the zone immediately switch to your control.

and i'll bet we'll seeing plenty of this on the radio:

"wtg! just captured zone 4!"

"huh? we only have three fields in that zone"

"yeah but we got the *zone*"

"i see twenty rook fields there and three of ours.  on what planet is that our zone?"

etc etc...

btw, i think this is a great change to the system, and i'm really looking forward to it.... not dissing the concepts at all...
Madina ... AHWiki

Offline Lizard3

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2002, 11:53:43 PM »
I have been told that if you capture a feild and you don't control the zone, you will have to supply it YOURSELF! Ha! Most countries don't have that level of co-operation...yet. In the future, the Fuzegoon will be MVP.

Offline mrgoat

• Zinc Member
Hmm
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2002, 01:57:55 AM »
I dont suppose any of you will bother with this, but this whole subject has confused me to the point where I need another pint.