Author Topic: Version 1.10 help system, rewards.  (Read 318 times)

Offline peterg2

• Copper Member
Version 1.10 help system, rewards.
« on: July 01, 2002, 08:48:29 PM »
In reading about the soon to be released 1.10 upgrade, a new training system will be instituted. Essentially, someone who volunteers to train and is recommended by new subscribers will get $10.

I think $10 will not inspire anyone to train. In a way, it's more of an insult to get $10. Training is more of a volunteer function. I think it would be better if trainers were rewarded with perk points that they could use whichever way they wanted. And if they had more perks than they ever wanted, they should be able to give their bonus training perks to their squadmates or anyone else.

Also, perk points don't cost HiTech any money. Why increase overhead costs for nothing.

Offline Blank

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2002, 09:46:07 PM »
i think i'm correct in that HTC said you could train 10 people at once,
a newbie lasts 2 weeks therefore you have the potential to help 20 people in a month (say for arguments sake a month is four weeks)
now if all your noobs  sign up and vote you as the most helpful trainer ( unlikely) you'll get $200 dollars. (they said they might think about sending checks out in future as well for people who get alot)

which means for the sake of noobs questions 24/7 you could pay for your sub and have some beer to fly with :D

conclusion:

you can use the game to pay for itself and have some beer money if your lucky, what other game offers you this?

wtg HTC  :D

Offline peterg2

• Copper Member
noobles
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2002, 09:06:45 AM »
$200 a month would be nice. But, in checking the HTC proposed policy again it looks like you can have 10 students at a time. And each student can have 10 trainers on a list at a time. But, the student can only choose one out his 10 on his list for the $10. So, a trainer would have to have 10 times 10 or 100 students on his list to maybe get $100 every two weeks.

Still, $10 or $20 a month would pay for the service. I just think it'll end up being a lot of work for maybe getting a check.

All in all, any new sort of help system is better than what they have now.

Offline aac

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2002, 09:41:02 AM »
Myself I study the help file and then I help a lot of people both in the training arena and the MA even some of the "OLD TIMERS" and I do it and have been doing it as a volunteer because I like helping people.  I really dont think weither or not they pay anything it is going to stop me from helping people or any of the trainers that are "OFFICIAL TRAINERS" from continueing to help.