Author Topic: fields need to be closer together  (Read 751 times)

Offline Sky Viper

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.no54squad.com
fields need to be closer together
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2001, 05:53:00 PM »
Originally posted by lazs1:
All the maps are slightly different in that regard of course but...  In general, the fields need to be closer together in all the maps.  I believe it would help out all types of gameplay.  Obviously, it would be better for those who like action and fun but... it would be better for the dreary, gray strat guys too.  With closer fields the strat guys would have an easier time capturing fields and moving the front.   A quicker moving front with action involved would get more players to particiate (or appear to be)..  Even the cowardly "one lifer's" would be ok.. They could continue to perch and risk free cherry pick as usual.  Fluffers could choose to milkrun or be annoying so, no change.... so let's move em closer... win/win eh?
lazs

Sharing pills with LOOPY...err Lupo?

You guys want instant action games with intense surprise, go play quake!

Personally, the bases aren't spread enough now.
Baltic has the best spread of all the terrains.
The distance allows me to grab a buff and get altitude "before" I get to the target.

Viper

Offline Kratzer

• Gold Member
      • http://www.luftjagerkorps.com/
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2001, 06:03:00 PM »
FA has bases close together.  I'm sure you could fit right in.

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2001, 06:22:00 PM »
Don't feed the trolls.

Offline DanielMcIntyre

• Nickel Member
      • http://None as yet
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2001, 03:03:00 AM »
doh

[ 11-06-2001: Message edited by: Zygote ]

Offline Eaglecz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2001, 03:34:00 AM »
Do you feel better today LAZz ?

If no try quake  :D

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2001, 07:13:00 AM »
Why several field ?

What about having a field with ONE runway a spawn at each end and limiting the plane to the P38 ?

It would be fine    :D

<edit>
I'm idiot it won't work ...

we have 3 country  ;)

[ 11-06-2001: Message edited by: straffo ]

Offline lazs1

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2001, 02:25:00 PM »
Soo... except for the sobster... no one has any meaningful reason why the fields can't be closer together?  

And even in the sobsters case.... you can allways take off from a field further away from the action eh?

I have heard that it would make for one big furball but I can't see how that could be.  I mean, if people want to fly another way all they have to do is resist the temptation to have fun and take off from a field further back.   Plussss... as an added bonus for the courage impaired... They would only meet kindred spirits at anything over about 15k.  They could still fill their hours with exciting "jocky'ing for position"  and ignore the peasants.  

The only disadvantage for such players would be that they would find a lot less low, out of ammo and wounded planes making the long trek home and be deprived of about half of their repetoir.

closer fields would help make some of the early war planes more viable without affecting late war uber planes.

I can see no way that closer fields would hamper the "timid" from flying at whatever alt and style they choose but I can certainly see how they would help furballers and early war planes.   Seems win/win to me.
lazs

Offline lazs1

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2001, 02:28:00 PM »
and rude... it is very difficult to take you seriously when your picture clearly shows yu as being a bubble head with jaundice and a village idiot grin.   i have no idea what lepauls medical problem is but his complection is horrific.   It actually looks green on my monitor!
lazs

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2001, 02:48:00 PM »
Laz....

My son took that photo as I read one of your whiney why cant I have my way everybody needs to fly the way I tell them to in order for me to have a chance of success in this sim posts.

Normally, I never smile :)

Offline gunhogfw

• Zinc Member
      • http://flightmaster0.tripod.com/ultimatepilot0/
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2001, 02:54:00 PM »
yeah i think the feilds should be closer in a fighter it takes a avergae of 5-10 min to get toanther base!@!!!!!

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2001, 05:08:00 PM »
No they don't need to be closer, ack runing is already too much of an issue   :(
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline fdiron

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2001, 06:21:00 PM »
Do you guys think its fun watching your altimeter for 20 minutes while you climb towards the enemy base?  Having bases closer together (at the front anyways) is a good idea.  Death to HO dweebs.

Offline lazs1

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2001, 08:38:00 AM »
frenchy... nothing wrong with ack running. or... at least there is nothing any more wrong with ack running than there is in cherry picking wounded low e and low fighters off as they struggle to get home after actually having been in a fight.

It's a fine line but... flying "smart" often equals boring.  I don't mind people flying in a timid manner but I don't want to play with em.

Right now... players like rude and myself never even run into each other.   Or, very, very rarely.   we are flying in different sims.   I aknowledge the fact and suggest that those who have an hour or so on line to spend and want to be more than virtual accountants... have a shot at a good time too.   I also want to see early war planes added and I think we all know that closer fields would make that MORE possible/viable.
lazs

Offline Am0n

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2001, 09:01:00 AM »
Originally posted by SFRT - Frenchy:
No they don't need to be closer, ack runing is already too much of an issue    :(

Tell me about it..

3 vrs 1 (me being the one), we were fighting over a base that rooks didnt care to defend and we had just lost.

One of the sissy Mossies dove to my six, i rolling scissored him reveresed and was now on his six, with his lama buddies trying to bounce me. He runs to the ack, i turn away takin a hit from the SAM, he turns back into my 6. This repeated 3 times, i reversed him on all 3 occasions he ran to ack until i turned about.. Thats just lame wouldnt you say?
----

On the topic..

I think it would be nice to see some of the central bases closer together, the ones that are bordering enemies at a fresh start of a map. Or maybe just in certain sections of the map, but not the whole thing. im more into the flight sim than the Quake death match idea.

Offline Rotorian

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2001, 09:31:00 AM »
Originally posted by lazs1:
I aknowledge the fact and suggest that those who have an hour or so on line to spend and want to be more than virtual accountants... have a shot at a good time too.   I also want to see early war planes added and I think we all know that closer fields would make that MORE possible/viable.
lazs

Hey Lazs, having followed this whole thread, let me say that I agree with your points on this matter.  (Get ready for the 'Well if Rotorian agrees with you it is obviously screwed'  :))  If I may ask, are you interested in winning "the war" (i.e the hamster wheel awena), or in engaging in ACM with the sole purpose of vanquishing your foe?

If the answer is "the war" then you will probably never see your vision realized.  Mainly 'cause the hamsters are many.  However, if the answer is the latter, there may be a solution.  Over at brandX, those of us who were highly interested in such, fought/hollered/screamed/gnawed at the corporate redtape for months (HTC is different so I am sure it will not be that way here).  Eventually an areana, equivalent to the dueling arena here, was established.  A place for ACMing without the worries of the GeNerALisIMos.  Most fights were on the deck.  It was not all rosey, but for the most part it worked.  

Small arena, 8 fields max (i think, cant quite remember).  3 of those fields were very close together.  Take off, enough time to get to 5k before turning and burning.  I believe Krusher has been trying to get a similar thing going here.  At BrandX it was called "Fighter Town Night".  I am not too sure what the success was here, since I wasnt here at the time.

The only time I was in the dueling arena here was during the inaugural WWs.  But if we desire the fields closer I am sure an accomodating map could be arranged.  It would be a furballers dream.  We enjoyed it  :).  

Oh, ditto on the early model planes too  :).