Author Topic: Miliseconds to Death  (Read 280 times)

Offline hardcase

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Miliseconds to Death
« on: June 30, 2002, 11:16:11 PM »
That orange dot is a round from a Char's Main Gun and is real close to impact:D  

hard

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Miliseconds to Death
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2002, 12:38:06 AM »
Tank sim. Yawn.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Miliseconds to Death
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2002, 12:43:06 AM »
Wow... that's one really scary lookin' orange dot. :D
sand

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
Miliseconds to Death
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2002, 01:03:19 AM »
Who is the guy standing behind the tank?

Offline majic

• Silver Member
Miliseconds to Death
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2002, 03:07:53 AM »
Where is everybody?

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
Miliseconds to Death
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2002, 10:00:02 AM »
I have to give HTC credit. This has pretty much moved beyond a healthy discussion of other games in the market to a hard-core marketing campaign on thier own boards.

Charon

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Miliseconds to Death
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2002, 10:38:56 AM »
Originally posted by Sandman_SBM
Wow... that's one really scary lookin' orange dot. :D

ROFL

Offline K West

• Silver Member
Miliseconds to Death
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2002, 10:59:27 AM »
With the free test right now folks can find out for themselves what it's like. Much like they can for AH at anytime.  No need for HTC to shut down any discussion on  it. Actually, if folks didn't reply there wouldn't be a discussion now would there? :)

Anyway, having spent a lot of time online during the last free trial (first Gigex) but even less this time around IMO AH and WWIIO are not comparable products at all.  While the WWIIO gui may have changed and the sounds are supposedly improved the latest patch introduced new bugs like intermitant sound loss, intermitant loss of tracers and rounds impacting But worst of all it ate into my FPS so bad that it drained any desire I had left to continue playing even though it's free. And basically it really still is the same old basic 'quank' gameplay.  When will they add shadows btw? ;)

Westy

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
Miliseconds to Death
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2002, 11:15:22 AM »
Originally posted by K West
With the free test right now folks can find out for themselves what it's like. Much like they can for AH at anytime.  No need for HTC to shut down any discussion on  it. Actually, if folks didn't reply there wouldn't be a discussion now would there? :)

Anyway, having spent a lot of time online during the last free trial (first Gigex) but even less this time around IMO AH and WWIIO are not comparable products at all.  While the WWIIO gui may have changed and the sounds are supposedly improved the latest patch introduced new bugs like intermitant sound loss, intermitant loss of tracers and rounds impacting But worst of all it ate into my FPS so bad that it drained any desire I had left to continue playing even though it's free. And basically it really still is the same old basic 'quank' gameplay.  When will they add shadows btw? ;)

Westy

My fps took about a 10-20% hit on the 1.64 patch, that is around large cities.  I still average 20-30 fps around normal town (this is flying FPS don't bother me on the ground)  I did notice the tracer/impact bug though.  BUT my sounds have improved 1000%!  They did cut out on me once this weekend, but they used to cut out EVERY time I played :)  Only other exeption I'd take to your post Westy is the quank game play.  I got ALOT of infantry kills this weekend :D   I caught a group of 20+ in a clump of trees while I was playing allied AAA.    They didn't last very long against my 25mm cannon ;) Game play still needs some tweaking but it's way better now than it was.  Key is to find a group/mission that's just leaving (this is very though to do and needs to be addressed IMO)

Being a sniper in a tree is fun too :)

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
Miliseconds to Death
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2002, 11:34:39 AM »
I hear the leaves are armored, though I haven't tried it (snipers). ;)

Offline hardcase

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Miliseconds to Death
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2002, 12:30:47 PM »
Tracer bug fix is due tuesday, according to their announcement forum. There were impacting and doing damage but were not being rendered.

hard

Offline K West

• Silver Member
Miliseconds to Death
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2002, 12:47:22 PM »
"Only other exeption I'd take to your post Westy is the quank game play"

This is the AH boards. Had to toss a zinger in there somewhere to maintain my HTC cheerleader qualifications ;)

And I saw the news on the patch. Maybe it will help.  

Westy

(the new rules will promote infantry imo.  But prior it was solidly "quankville" though)

Offline Samm

• Silver Member
Miliseconds to Death
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2002, 12:56:09 PM »
Those buildings look like they came out of a city in AW . Can you go inside them and climb up to the top floors ?

Offline hardcase

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Miliseconds to Death
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2002, 01:02:28 PM »
LOL! yeah that pix is pretty static...you can enter all bldgs, some to mulipul floors..like the churches you can go up 4 floors, others have internal walkways above ground lelvl., certain trees are climable. Lots of little hidey holes in town.

I run my machine at the lowest graphics, and rendering distance. They look better up close and not thru a foreshortening lense on a gunsight.

hard
« Last Edit: July 01, 2002, 01:05:26 PM by hardcase »

Offline DmdBT

• Copper Member
      • http://www.damned.org
Miliseconds to Death
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2002, 02:43:18 PM »
Oh... thought he was talking about WW2OL in general.  :p

Lonz