Author Topic: Is it possible...?  (Read 407 times)

Offline Esme

• Copper Member
Is it possible...?
« on: June 29, 2002, 10:02:19 AM »
To set the weapons fire buttons/keys such that when i'm flying a Ju88 the external bombs do NOT drop when I want to fire the pilots MG.

Aye, I know that doesnt happen if you remember to select the internal bombs first, but that rather assumes that you're carrying some, plus it's a bit daft that there isn't a safety on the bombs... :-}

Essentially, I don't mind if I have to hit a key on the keyboard to drop bombs, so long as I can shoot using the joystick trigger without risking losing my bombs.

Esme

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Is it possible...?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2002, 11:02:06 AM »
There are 3 fire buttons, you just need to use the correct one. From the Aces high help file:

Weapon controls

FIRE PRIMARY WEAPON [F]
FIRE SECONDARY WEAPON
FIRE BOTH [N]

OPEN BOMB DOORS

SELECT PRIMARY WEAPON [\]
SELECT SECONDARY [BACKSPACE]

If you use Fire Primary, you will only fire the guns and not salvo bombs.

hope it helps,
fuzeman  
:)
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Kevin14

• Silver Member
Is it possible...?
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2002, 05:13:51 PM »
You were probably hitting the FIRE BOTH key, takes some time to get used to

Offline Esme

• Copper Member
Is it possible...?
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2002, 06:46:23 PM »
Nope, I was using my joystick trigger. So far as I can see it regards both the MG AND whichever bombs are selected as primary weqaapons.

Unless I've missed something?

Many thanks for your replies thus far guys, anyway!

Esme

Offline xHaMmeRx

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.netaces.org
Is it possible...?
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2002, 06:55:49 PM »
Esme,

By default, your trigger is the "fire both" button on your joystick.  You can change this by bringing up your clipboard and going to "stick mapping".  The pilot's weapons buttons are under "flight keys".  Select which function you want to change (i.e. fire both), then click the button on your joystick you want it to be set to.  This will "depress" the corresponding button in the graphic above.  Then select "Set Key" and you will be set.

Hope that helps.

HaMmeR
netAces.org - Info, Tactics and More!

=GHOSTS=....You Will Believe!

Offline Esme

• Copper Member
Is it possible...?
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2002, 04:55:20 AM »
:-} Try it with the Ju88, please.

As I said, the system seems to regard both bombs and MG as being PRIMARY weapons, unless I am very much mistaken. I do know about changing the joystick mappings, thanks, and have been tearing my hair out trying to find SOME way of stopping accidental release of external bombs that still lets me use the forward MG when I want to.

I would ask that anyone responding to this please actually try their advice on a Ju88 THEN let me know if theyve found a workable solution.  I MAY just have missed something, but I am beginning to think I haven't.

Esme

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Is it possible...?
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2002, 05:47:45 AM »
What the problem is I don't know, but I just tried with a 20*50kg+2*Luftpedoes Ju88, and primary fire (my trigger button) fires pilot 7mm, secondary fire button fires bombs when selected and doors are open, and Luftpedoes when selected.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Esme

• Copper Member
Is it possible...?
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2002, 09:47:10 AM »
Roger that, thanks. Must be something gone weird with my setup then. It IS heavily customised, maybe I've managed to confuse it somewhere...

Esme