Author Topic: Kamikaze bombing ?  (Read 176 times)

Offline Immel

• Zinc Member
Kamikaze bombing ?
« on: December 03, 2002, 02:45:21 AM »
I know at least one person that wouldn't be too happy with HT's idea.... :

(from AW History)

Sun Sep 05, 1993

T.NAUGHTON [SCAVENGER] at 13:47 EDT

I GO DIVING DOWN PART 3:

O.K. I don't want this post to be misunderstood. I'm not really upset with anybody. It's just that I'm the sort of person that likes to do things in my own time, if you know what I mean. I like to learn at my own pace and I don't want to be rushed. So if you were the guys I met up with Sunday night I'm not still mad but give a little consideration in the future O.K.?

Sunday night it was quite around C-Land. Didn't seem to be much of anything going on in B-Land either. A couple or three markers were all I saw and since I wasn't having much luck gunning I thought I'd try my hand at dive bombing. So I checked out a P-38 and put on a couple of bombs.

I took off from C-19 and headed over sorta of north west where I remembered seeing a B-Aircraft carrier. I got up to 10,000 ft. and it took a while to get over there and nobody I mean nobody was in sight. Not on radar and not out between all those metal bars that you look through to see out the side of a P-38. So I'm real relaxed about all this, just crusin.

I look at the radar and that carrier is getten real close and its about time to do my thing, that's right, I'm goen to go diving down real soon. I set my sights over to bomb sight with esc-sd-enter and I sorta roll over a little to see the Carrier---and all of a sudden I got red icons showing up. Three of them and they're closing fast. I need a little time here to get set up. But I see one of these ICONS moving around behind me and the numbers are going from 5000 down to about 1800 and I'm getten nervous. I want to see where the other ones are so I use my coolie hat thing on my brand new $66.00 Chips and Bits Thrustmaster FCS, but those big metal things on the side windown of a P-38 are letting me see nothen. I feel like changing my handle again. This time to a [TRAPPED RAT] who is trying to look through the bars of his cage.

So I figure I am not going to last much longer with my bombs unless I get real busy diving down. I'm just about in the right spot so I push it over and down we go. Just then I get the first taka taka taka up my rear view but I'm diving down so the heck with that. The big X is right on the carrier deck but under all this pressure I forgot what you do to drop the bombs. So I hit the help screen and read a bit and put in esc-A-ent and a little message pops up says bombs armed. Then I look up and the X is right in the center of that carrier deck so things are looking real good. I am diving down real fast.

Now this is the question. If the bombs are armed and you put them right in the center of that big carrier deck do you get credit for the hits if the aircraft is still attached to the bombs?

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
Kamikaze bombing ?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2002, 03:14:41 AM »
The entire point is to STOP kamikazi bombing.

Offline Krusher

• Gold Member
Kamikaze bombing ?
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2002, 07:17:55 AM »
AH needs a guy like Scav :)