Author Topic: AH needs Recon!  (Read 98 times)

Offline Sundog

• Silver Member
AH needs Recon!
« on: August 31, 2002, 01:32:25 AM »
I would like to see RADAR limited to only operate along the frontlines, and Task Groups only and see only 50 miles deep into enemy territory. of course, if we had "RADAR Trawlers" we could use those as 'spy' ships to get info on the enemy as well.

I also think AH should not be able to determine the status of an enemy field UNTIL a friendly recon plane got info on it and landed. Look at it like this. Perhaps a bunch of bombers attack an enemy factory or a JABO mission hits enemy airfields. You can't get any info on the condition of the airfield unless:

1) Someone overflies it and reports it on the radio.

2) Someone over flies it in a recon plane and 'activates' the "Cameras". The clipboard would not update with Recon info (Base/Factory condition) until the recon plane 're-armed'. Of course, you could only 'record' the base status IF you were within camera range and got the 'proper' shots, i.e. the base had to be in the 'viewfinder' or whatever you use to line up your shots.

Also, I would make Strategic icons on the clipboard map "generic". If you want to know what it is, you need Recon info. I would make the info good for two hours, unless updated by another recon run, otherwise, it would revert back to generic (No data). That's just an 'idea' on how to make recon useful in game.

It would also be useful for Naval Engagements in scenarios, especially when we get Catalina's ;)

Some would say, "Who will fly it?" which is a good question. I know I would love to be a recon pilot. No guns. Only flying skill and tactics to complete your mission. Of course, since my gunnery is really poor, this appeals to me :) Oh, I would also need an F-5A as well :) (That's the recon version of the P-38 for those who don't know, not the Northrop Freedom Fighter ;) -)