Author Topic: Dev updates: iEN vs. HTC  (Read 116 times)

Offline moose

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ccrhl.com
Dev updates: iEN vs. HTC
« on: June 29, 2002, 04:05:13 PM »
Just thought of something the other day

A lot of people squeak and moan here because of lack of news updates from the crew at HTC.

Well, ever stop to think this might be intentional?

Over in WB3, there is constant banter between the devolpers and the community.

Even though it sounds like a better system, look at how far their sim has come in the last year vs. ours.

I feel no need to hear a bi-weekly update about every little thing that hitech and gang are doing. Jay L. looks like he's trying to fill up space with his sitreps over there. At least when we see the news light on on the ubb here, you know there's something important going on.

So, needless to say, I like the current system and you guys should appreciate it more.

/cheerleader mode off

now damnit release 1.10 cuz otherwise i'm going to go postal
<----ASSASSINS---->

Offline Revvin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ch-hangar.com
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2002, 04:19:33 PM »
iEN used to get a lot of flak for keeping its customers in the dark but they seem to have missed the point a little. Sure there are plenty of sitrep's but alot of them are cut n paste selection's from previous ones and contain little substance.

It's not the frquency of the posts that is important it's their content That's where IMHO HTC have been doing things right, not only do they post when there is real news to post but they have also been a lot more candid in their news posts, forum replies and interviews about the future or Aces High and where they see the sim going not only in the next release but over the course of the next year (I'm referring to the excellent Wargamer interview).

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2002, 04:29:12 PM »
did they ever get around to modelling a 109G? I remember last year I was trying to decide between AH and WB3. AH had 109s which I like to fly, Wbs had b24s and stukas. Anyway what decided the issue permanantly was them over there coming out with an F-86 for goodness sakes!
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!

Offline gatso

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2002, 05:35:13 PM »
I am here, I have  AH account, I don't have a WB account and I don't intend to in the near future.  Why, Coz this game/sim/'way of life' is all that I could have wanted when I finally bit the bullet and subscribed in March of this year.

I have made good friends from places around the globe and I'm quite happy with where I am and where HTC is going... why on earth would I want to change...

SOME of us squeak and moan... Usually it is in jest because we know HTC is going to come up with the goods 9.9 times out of 10 and we just want to make sure they keep up the good work.

I've only been following this since 1.04 and I've been a 'Lurker' on this BBS since maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago but I appreciate the fact that the staff at HTC do actually listen (most of the time) to (most of) the sensible requests of the people that pay their wages.

It's good to be able to squeak and moan. It maybe even does some good sometimes. So keep it up and hopefully we'll still be here in 2 years time when WW2OL and WB have both gone under  :D

Gatso

PS. Been to the Pub feeling Literary, hence the depth and length of this post :cool:

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2002, 06:56:21 PM »
Maybe HiTech and Pyro have learned a thing or two after 8 years in the buisness.. and many more in the community.  Hotseat and Iceman might get there too... some day.

Offline agosling

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2002, 09:20:43 PM »
I tried WB3 off-line a few times. Is it just me, or is there some awful delay built into the stick response? The planes feel really sluggish compared to AH.

Offline odie202

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2002, 09:30:31 PM »
I've been here a little over a month and other than being a first class target for the rest of you guys, its been the best fun i've had in a long time. HTC deserves a big pat on the back. Well back to walking back to my base again.:cool: