Author Topic: Hitech what exactly does this mean?  (Read 581 times)

Offline Arfann

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Hitech what exactly does this mean?
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2002, 03:28:35 PM »
Originally posted by zipity

Already have it.  I have a TH F-22 Pro with a stickworks digital chip installed.  I had a couple extra/unused positions on one of my hats so I programmed 'salute' on one and 'wtg' on another.  Anything to keep from having to touch the keyboard in flight.

I will miss seeing squad mate messages going by but for better net performance I'm sure I won't miss it for long.

I won't mention any names, but a nose rubbing Alaskan in our squadron had a macro programmed to say "Squeal like a Pig!!".

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2002, 05:47:19 PM »
I just hope tards with kill macro's are dealt with quickly.

Offline Mino

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2002, 06:32:18 PM »
It means I can now view channel 6 more often.....

Offline X2Lee

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2002, 06:38:28 PM »
Originally posted by Vulcan
I just hope tards with kill macro's are dealt with quickly.

Now you can expect AW like killmessage tards at every turn,
especially when they figuure out you can make a macro the same way you assign commands to your stick.    :eek:

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2002, 07:26:27 PM »
One of the best features of WWIIOL is that there is no kill confirmation until you land, and never one that tells you who.

Offline senna

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2002, 07:39:36 PM »
I dont mind kill macros, I will have one of my own actually :p Looking fgorward to viewing other peoples kill macross now. In the end if every1 starts using these kill macros, at least it will be more original than the standard "kill 2 of someplayer". Would even be entertaining. but then I wasnt in AW so I dont know what that gerneral experience was in concern to the macros. I just think it would be more fun.

Offline SPIKER

• Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2002, 07:45:42 PM »
As some of the other pilots have said, I’m afraid the game will lose some of the camaraderie that is built up, not just within squad mates but within a mission or just saving another pilot.  Some or most of the pilots do not make it back to the runway, maybe this is an incentive to do that, but I enjoy someone saying “way to go”.
Talk about reducing the type, try reading through the morning news or personal opinions on aircraft, while you are waiting to see if a town is down or not.   No I don’t think that one line will be too much.  

Good Hunting
   Spiker
« Last Edit: July 02, 2002, 05:58:45 AM by SPIKER »

Offline Grimm

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2002, 12:04:03 PM »
Iv used Kill Macros every day in the MA.   I just send them on Squad Channel.   Lets my buddies know if I got a kill without having to watch the host.  

I think this will be a nice deal,  most nights I wont have to squelch 6 now.   I still might if I have a large volume of comms going on.  But normaly I bet this will be a readable rate.  

I would like to see Host kill messages sent to Squad thou.  That would be a cool deal.    Maybe its not feasable but it would be cool to only get those.

Still, I think this is another step in the right direction.

As for Country Macros...  I  would prefer to not have that get started.  Scrolling would be a worse problem than now.   I do remember in that old game, some great Kill macros.   a couple of my favorites that would make me laugh....

Pilot (Large)   Im Large and In Charge!!   and your Dead!

Pilot (Papa4)  Who's Your Papa!!  

Some of those would just crack me up.    

I keep any Kill Marcos now confined to Squad Channel.   Unless we have a feild capture that was really tuff...  Then I might give a ...  
WTG!!!!   ODM!!!!

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2002, 12:36:28 PM »
Kill macros = need for a persistent squelch list.   :D
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2002, 01:45:21 PM »
Like my squadmate Raubvogel has said for a while now: "BRING THE PERMANENT SQUELCH LIST TO AH!" I agree with him wholeheartedly and wish that we could do that.

I don't like to have to spend time in the tower before selecting my first ride of the night typing in ".squelch 1'; ".squelch 2"; ".squelch (player handle inserted here)". Especially when there are some players regardless of if they are on my team or not that I just don't care to see what they type. It makes flying in the game so much easier for me when I do that.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2002, 02:01:02 PM »
First off WWIIO blows chunks!! There is NOTHING good about that piece of crap!

I like seeing kill messages that way you know WHO you are fighting with.

It was always annoying in WWIIO because the are no personalities there at all except your general wannabe who screamed all the time.

I have the most fun when I know who I'm going against.
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.