Author Topic: NOT WHINE ...photos to show it  (Read 459 times)

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
NOT WHINE ...photos to show it
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2001, 02:52:00 PM »
Urchin-

That is precisely the phenomena I used to see so much. Lock onto baddy's tail, unload whole clip at under 300yds, sprites everywhere, no kill. No damage. Pilot says, "No, you didn't touch me".

Had to be my ISP or something my end.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2001, 03:31:00 PM »
Used to happen to me alot when I was in TCP mode, as opposed to UDP (ie when you get the "Not recieving updates switching to TCP" message logging in).

It had something to do with the fact that AH kind of guesses where a plane is going if UDP packets are lost. Whereas with TCP you get precise updates. Sometimes the TCP updates are out of sequence or come in after AH guesses the next position update - then you see stuff like microwarps, or the jump forward then back a bit warps.

Methinks there be some foul magic with the new server connection. I've noticed terrible text lags while getting a relatively smooth flight connect and smooth net status. I'm not sure but I think the text messages always come via TCP. Someone else also mentioned the new server was using unusually large TCP Frame sizes. All this makes me think the TCP traffic coming from the new server is slightly porked.

Might be an issue to escalate to HT, but you'll need film  :)

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2001, 06:43:00 PM »
Rip vsync is on by default on my GF2mx and has been for the entire time ive had the card(over 8 months).I dont understand how this could suddenly (on this night in question) start causing this behaviour? could you explain why this would affect it?

sorry I cant post the pics but I have them if anyone is willing to post them.Basically they show the p51 completely filling the recticle and several others before and after showing my adjustments from lag to lead shots desperately searching for some position where the bullets would hit.If it was just this one incidence I would have been ok but all night i couldnt seem to hit anything even when I 'KNEW' it would hit.(dont say it, you know  what I mean  :))

I havent played since as it put me off playing to be honest and whatever the reason, be it my present connection or the host or whatever it was I certainly dont want to experience that sort of frustration again.I nearly punched the monitor off the back of my desk hehehe  :D.Could prove expensive  ;).Im going to reduce my playing until I'm sure the new gateways are finished so I can rule them out as a possible cause.

yeager thanx m8 for that offer, if i spot you on and it happens again i'll take you up on it, if only for peace of mind being able to test it and not question my gunnery in my head  :). <S>

thnx for replies all.