Author Topic: AAARGH - Please get rid of the Stick lag introduced in version 0.37!  (Read 687 times)

robocop

Aaarrgh!

Just downloaded version 0.37   (my last was 0.34)  Please get rid of the lag in control response,  it is starting to feel like Warbirds.

Version 0.34 was great, nice and instantaneous, just like a real aircraft.  

Please don't sacrifice the wonderful flying qualities of 0.34 for this stick stirring problem...

Rob Coppock
rob@pctestpilot.com

Offline Mark Luper

• Silver Member
AAARGH - Please get rid of the Stick lag introduced in version 0.37!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 1999, 05:30:00 AM »
Robocop,
You might want to check the damper setting in the joystick calibration and setting utility. Mine still has the snap I like and I have the damper slider almost all the way down.

MarkAT
MarkAT

Keep the shiny side up!

Offline Jekyll

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.bigpond.net.au/phoenix
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 1999, 08:01:00 AM »
Well, whilst I can put up with the lag in aileron and elevator, rudders are giving me fits at the moment.

With default rudder damper there is a hell of a lot of 'rudder bounce' coming down out of a hammerhead, or just about any maneuver where rudder input is required.

If I increase the damper settings the rudder is pretty smooth, but just sooooo slow in shifting from left rudder to right rudder etc.  I've currently got rudder damper at about 30%.... any less and the rudder bounce comes back, any more and I may as well have no rudder at all.

As an aside, why should flight surfaces be slow in moving from a deflected position to a neutral position?  If anything, I should have thought that it would be slow to move to a deflected position (like input hard right rudder), but almost instantaneous to let off that rudder back to neutral.  At the moment in AH it seems to be modelled backwards!

Sidewinder FF Stick with Simped Digital Rudder pedals.  Everything works fine in 'Brand W'.

------------------
C.O. Phoenix Squadron
www.users.bigpond.com/afinlayson/index.htm
'feel the heat .......'

robocop

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 1999, 01:21:00 PM »
Thanks for the Tip, setting all control sliders to 100% and the damper to zero fixed the problem.  Thanks to all who replied.  ( I will check these items first next time before jumping into the Board and whinging!)