Author Topic: AI field ack  (Read 95 times)

Offline gatso

• Silver Member
AI field ack
« on: July 04, 2002, 12:17:43 PM »
It appears that the AI ack now has dispersion and isn't as uber as it once was. I deacked a port with an a20 earlier today and would have expected to die before finishing the job with 1.09.  I am very happy about this if it was intentional.

But,  ;) there had to be a but didn't there :D , why the delay before it dies? Just had (another) radiator die in a typhoon from ack that was shooting between the point my bullets hit it and it being destroyed.  Noticed this happenning with town structures too.  I know this is a whine so I will appologise in advance.

-Sorry-

Gatso

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
AI field ack
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2002, 12:37:32 PM »
I suppose this is a sop to gaming the game. I still have a hard time figuring out why anyone thinks they should have any chance of de-acking a field single handedly. For those who have any thoughts about realism or accuracy in the game outside of the possiblility of pure air to air, this should put that idea to rest.
:(
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown