Author Topic: New bombing explained(with pictures)  (Read 3429 times)

Offline jmr

• Zinc Member
New Bombing Method Totally Explained
« Reply #135 on: August 17, 2004, 08:45:20 PM »
What a great thread.  This should definately be a sticky!

Offline ace31st

• Copper Member
« Reply #136 on: August 25, 2004, 03:17:20 PM »
I totally agree with kweassa about the pin point bomibng.

this was not possible during WW2 as they most of the time carpet bombed and did not just drop 1 salvo of bombs for a particular target..

thanks for the advice

ACE31st

Offline YUCCA

• Silver Member
b17 speed
« Reply #137 on: August 25, 2004, 04:26:56 PM »
I just thought i'd post something i made for myself bout a year ago.  Im pretty sure it will work in AHII accurately as well.  It's a document that tells you what your airspeed should be at certain altitudes and manifolds.  
     The speeds here are not 100% correct but extremely close.  You should expect a few MPH differences for fuel, loadout etc.  So i suggest that when you do your line up, you slow it down to the speed/ manifold the document says then allow another 5 miles or so make sure you're maintaining an even airspeed.
     Oh, btw it's only for the b17, but i hope you enjoy:)

http://ftp://yuccah:cwjqhn@yuccaah.netfirms.com/www/bomberspeed.doc
« Last Edit: August 25, 2004, 04:37:29 PM by YUCCA »

Offline YUCCA

• Silver Member
« Reply #138 on: August 25, 2004, 04:38:01 PM »
tell me if that works for you guys

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
« Reply #139 on: August 26, 2004, 09:03:48 PM »
LOL we cant punt anymore.

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
« Reply #140 on: September 13, 2004, 01:23:26 PM »
Originally posted by Flossy
There were some excellent pictures originally!  Unfortunately, when HTC decided to no longer accept attachments, they were all removed.

If you can email the whole thing intact w/pictures I can reformat it and post it on my site for others to reference.

-DoK

Offline GooseAW

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.chawks.com
« Reply #141 on: September 29, 2004, 08:28:21 PM »
I would add 1 thing gang.

I do my runs at full throttle. I only miss if I screw up my calibration for whatever reason...

At full speed badguys are less likely to climb and catch you you just have to adjust your delay accordingly....not gonna give away specifics..;o) Just make sure to level out far enough in advance to allow you to reach max speed, with doors open of course.
If I miss my target it is usually because I calibrate before I reach full speed and my plane continues to accellerate after calibration.
Can you say......LONG! With 1 Lanc formation you can destroy all hangars at a medium field. I've only been level bombing seriously for a few months and I'm having a ball!

Lancs do the most damage on the ground but other bombers defend themselves MUCH better!

My 2cents.

Offline YUCCA

• Silver Member
« Reply #142 on: September 30, 2004, 06:28:35 AM »
Usually do mine at 40 manifold.. I can usually spot and bomb gv's from 10k. Or used to.. haven't tried in ah2