Author Topic: My take (biased) on the Knight reset  (Read 82 times)

Offline Ouch

• Copper Member
My take (biased) on the Knight reset
« on: July 07, 2002, 01:19:58 PM »
When I logged on at 10 AM Saturday morning, we (the knights) were down to 48 fields.  We were out numbered  by both Bishs and Rooks.  

Over the course of the next 16 hours (and I was on most of that 16 hours) we decided we were not going to take it, and began a systematic retaking of bases.

It was not till about 6 pm that we had pairity against both Rooks and Bishs.  By that time we had about 80-90 bases.  Once the Saturday Knight Squads joined in, we fairly quickly rolled up the rest of the map.

(I'm also not dinging the Rooks here, since we only beat them by about 20 fields overall)  If they had decided on taking us out instead of the Knights, then I don't think anyone would have gotten a reset.

Bishs.  They put up a fight to the end.

AK's for the map.  I hated it to begin with, but now it's growing on me.

Ouch out

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2002, 01:56:14 PM »
It was great fun.  I knew it was over when you guys to the field protecting our HQ.  It was only a matter of time.

It was not till about 6 pm that we had pairity against both Rooks and Bishs.

You did great.  But to be completely fair, didn't we have a few server resets that started thing back even again?

Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Ouch

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2002, 03:06:23 PM »
Originally posted by AKWabbit
You did great.  But to be completely fair, didn't we have a few server resets that started thing back even again?

Wab [/B]

Not between the time I logged on in the morning and when the reset was won at ~3:00 am the next.  

If there was one, It didn't boot me.

Ouch out

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2002, 05:07:33 PM »
I think you're right Ouch. Either way the reset was won from at least a level playing field or a disadvantaged position in a day. Proves the map isn't too large to be reset in a reasonable amount of time.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.