Author Topic: Tried the Pizza some more, I guess I can live with it  (Read 83 times)

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Tried the Pizza some more, I guess I can live with it
« on: July 07, 2002, 08:53:42 PM »
Okay, played the pizza for a while tonight.

Managed to get into a few good fights, etc.

I guess I can live with it, still think its a bit too large and cluttered, but I guess it will grow on me.

I am not blind to the fact that alot of work went into it, and I think the developers did fix some problems we had with other maps.  I appreciate the work and effort.

dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2002, 09:06:21 PM »
Pizza is always better the next day. ;)

Seriously.  It won't be unberable once the alts are lowered, the textures tweaked, and its only one of 4-5 maps in a rotation.  

We were just trying to provide some balanced, fun gameplay that focused a bit more on GV battles than other maps provided and had a different climate look for a change of pace.

Its not perfect we're the first to admit.  But I have yet to see an AH terrain that is.

Regards,
Wab
« Last Edit: July 07, 2002, 09:25:03 PM by AKWabbit »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2002, 09:50:39 PM »
Glad to see you had a positive experience Dago! I have flown for 45 to 60 minutes in there chasing bar-dar and not even seen a con before but that is not always the case. Today there were multiple furballs to be found, at least now you can choose to avoid them if you wish.

I like EVERYTHING about 1.10 but the map is at the bottom of the list.

Colors are fine, mountains are beautiful, high-alt bases are fine (but there should be a few near sea level), deep canyons are fine, balance is perfect, strat is great, VH spawns are a little too close to enema bases, GVs seem to get stuck in the sand sometimes, and the thing is just too big for 3 to 4 hundred players.

I liked the beta map the best of em all though, what does that say about me. Don't answer that!

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2002, 09:58:55 PM »
>I liked the beta map the best of em all though

So did most of us Ed.  Our design was heavily influenced by the beta map.  Which, btw, is on its way back and ALSO is a non-historical symetrical map. ;)

Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.