Author Topic: Am I missing something here?  (Read 938 times)

funked

Am I missing something here?
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2000, 10:28:00 AM »
HBlair, there are two things which drive the actions of many players:
1.  Apathy.
2.  Ignorance.

Offline Sparks

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2000, 10:29:00 AM »
I absolutely agree with you Hblair - the exact same thing happened to me yesterday attacking 29 (I think it was).
Logged in disgust.
I'm wondering if next time I log on I'll start a "co-operation Channel" and people who want to work together can go on that and that way you aren't wasting your fingers on country channel. If sqaud mates turn up then I may swap to that or maybe all gather on one ??

Sparks

Offline wizzer

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2000, 11:21:00 AM »
Hb, I saw the whole situation unfold last night, and it was ugly. While you guys were hitting 27 from the air, I captured 56. From 56 you can get to 27 in 60secs in a downhill 300 mph panzer. I finished off both hangers and got killed by 4 or 5 panzers? The same panzer that killed you had been on the field for at least 10 mins with some attack from friendly AC. As I made my last trip down the hill I saw u off in the distance otd and ina tank going 300 its impossible to type and drive. I kinda thought that with all the AC over 27 someone would tell you about the tank, but not.  

Right after you died and I made a ground loop. Looked at the dar and most of the Rook AC were at or headed to 16?

Blurted out something on #2 channel and logged to cool off.  

Get with me when your online and we can do some dual squad raids.

[This message has been edited by wizzer (edited 06-01-2000).]

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2000, 12:50:00 PM »
Hblair and Wizzer,
The Musketeer Escadrille would be willing to do some co-op cquad stuff with ya also.

Look us up when your online as well.

Cobra
Musketeer Escadrille

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2000, 01:56:00 PM »
I was at 27 for a while last night in a tank(had to leave because of softball game) and was supprised you guys didn't get it.

When I got there I saw nothing but red in the air and tanks rolling down the hill so I jumped in my tank and went after the first tank I could reach(wizzer) and positioned myself so when they rolled down the hill they would have to go right by me.

I only had to defend myself against 2 AC(51 adn F4). To me it looked like you guys should have had it easy but since you had no air support I had no problem defending against the fast moving tanks(I knew it would be hard for them to shoot me while doing 150mph).

When I left I couldn't help but think these guys have to be new or we would have been slaughtered.

------------------
Mighty1
The New Baby Harp Seals
"Come try to club THIS Seal"
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2000, 01:59:00 PM »
The problem is we couldn't hear you and come help cause you were on the country channel hblair.  You need to either announce it on the global channel next time, or come back to bishops.

Offline wizzer

• Zinc Member
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2000, 02:09:00 PM »
LOL, yep mighty1 I was new to the AH roller coaster.   After you left, and I recaptured 56 the second time. I figured out that the tanks go faster in neutral. 1st attempt I hit the hanger at 30+ mph and of course died on impact. If I had only known then what I know now....you woulda needed sidewinder to hit me.  

wizzer

Offline snafu

• Silver Member
      • http://www.btinternet.com/~snaffers
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2000, 02:18:00 PM »
Don't want to turn this into a trol but.....

Couldn't agree more hblair.

I've done a fair few solo captures, (Bomb, Ditch, get goon, take field). It doesn't take many people to take a field and after the ack the vehicle hanger is just about the most important target there is. I'm with you if you ever want a bit of cooprative field taking look me up.

TTFN
snafu.

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2000, 04:59:00 PM »
Well, my faith has been restored. Thanks for all the replies. I'll sure hook up with you guys when I see you online.

Fatty, I've told ya, you've gotta come to Vegas if you want to see me again.  

Offline milnko

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cameltoe.org
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2000, 07:15:00 AM »
Yep, HB and I were toolin along, CAP'n the field, he grabbed a gooney, I Atwittle'd to eat a sandwich, I come back, we still don't own the base and HB was gone, I wondered was was up with that.........SIGH

------------------
<< MILENKO >>
<===THE ASSASSINS===>Webpage

««You can kill me, Can't ya?»»