Author Topic: Bomber formations die as one??  (Read 329 times)

Offline Anvil

• Zinc Member
Bomber formations die as one??
« on: July 09, 2002, 10:10:12 PM »
4 times I have had all 3 bombers get shot down AT ONCE. A couple good bursts from the fighter and all 3 are plummeting to earth. Also, once I opened up on the lead bomber of a formation with my f6f and the whole formation went down. Anyone else notice this?
Anvil

Offline Pei

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2002, 10:52:56 PM »
The drones try and follow the lead so if you shoot something vital off the lead (i.e. wing, tail) and it starts to fall then the drones try and follow, often to the point where they break up or crash into the gound (and if the lead gets to far away from the drones then the drones disappear anyway). This is a known issue and it will be interesting to see how it get's fixed. The moral of this story is that if the buff you are in get's fatally damaged bail ASAP so you can try and recover the rest of the formation.

Offline RightF00T

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2002, 01:06:01 PM »
If that said buff dies and you have 2 of them left it takes you straight to the cockpit.  Is there any way for a death of one drone in gunner position to transport you to the corresponding gun position in another buff.  2 secs finding the right gun again is a long time.

Offline nuchpatrick

• Silver Member
      • http://www.361stvfg.com
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2002, 03:40:43 PM »
Anvil..check the Reported Bugs..You'll see a complaint in there..about the Buffs.. seems if one buff is hit the damage is moving over to the other 'virtual buff'  so when lead buff is shot down that damage is carried over to buff that you get moved too.. so en essance..youre screwed..

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2002, 05:44:00 PM »
NOT always...

I have screenshots of buffs with different damage.. HOWEVER i did not check damage list for each buff...

SKurj

Offline AcId

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2002, 08:04:02 AM »
sadly I have no screenshots/film of what I have seen/experienced but it is my opinion that there could be something happening in the way of buff damage where more than one buff in a formation will simultaneously receive the same damage as the one being damaged. However, I'ts not my opinion that it happens every time a buff gets damaged there's another variable somewhere. I have had experiences loosing both drones to an attacker who was coming from the 9oc high position, diving and shooting at left bomber in the formation. I wrote that off as "well maybe he lvld off managed to hit both" (it's possible) but I've also witnessed my CO in a formation being attacked by a zeke from roughly 9oc high. I was about d2.0 behind him when I watched this zeke dive at about a 50-60degree angle on the left buff, I witnessed tracers from the zeke hitting the left bomber, and damaging engines, when these engines started smoking so did the engines on the other buffs at the same time. Yes, there were other nme's in the area, I did not notice any others near him other than the zeke though. As I said though, I have no screenshots or film, I generally don't film engagements for various reasons, forget, never saw the need, hardly ever witness weirdness within the game. Maybe theres a damage reporting issue, maybe it's lag, I'm sure HTC will figure out something if indeed theres a problem.

Offline Baine

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2002, 11:08:38 AM »
I shot down the lead buff of a three buff formation last night. I knocked off part of a wing. The pilot tried to save the plane, but the drones stuck close and they both crashed almost instantly. The lead plane lasted a little while longer, but eventually went down. Three kills for one relatively lucky shot.
I've also noticed damage following me when I jump from buff to buff. I was under attack in one plane, lost tail and ball gunners so tried jumping to another buff, only to find that the two crew members on both my drones had comitted sympathetic suicide.
These bugs, along with "precision" bombsites that are buggy make me believe that this patch has really been unfair to people who enjoy flying and fighting in the big planes.

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2002, 11:16:30 AM »
There are damage bugs with the buffs.
They tend to take a lot of the same damage from each other.

They dont all die as one, but when certain parts are damaged, the other planes also have the same damage.

Other day I was in a boston formation, and got my vert stab blown off, bailed out, same thing, bailed again, last boston had the same damage.

A bomber formation now is about as durable as a 1.09 single buff, except a much bigger target, making it much easier to kill.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2002, 12:46:55 PM »
The other day I had the tri-fuzefort up and someone damaged an engine on #1 buff and it shut down. All buffs lost the same engine. When I finally lost #1 and moved to #2 buff, for the heck of it I shut down and restarted all engines. Lo and behold the engine that had been shut down when #1 took the damage started up. It was still trailing smoke but it started without a problem.
Unfortunately you cant make the gunners go to sleep and wake up like that and see if they would work again.

fuzeman
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline pokie

• Silver Member
      • http://s7.eastlink.ca/~tscott
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2002, 06:33:38 PM »
Too bad you couldn't jump manually to 1 of the other planes which then makes that the lead plane.

Pokie