Author Topic: Two frames a day......  (Read 468 times)

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
Two frames a day......
« on: July 13, 2002, 12:13:06 PM »
I am going to do it. But I would like to point out that two frames a day blows for those of us with a life..... and a wife.

Back in the good old days of AW... Didn't we do alot of frames during weeknights. Or have I had to many Beers to remember it right?

CAV
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline jordi

• Platinum Member
      • noseart
Two frames a day......
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2002, 01:02:51 PM »
Yes we did Wed Night then Sat or Sunday.

The problem with this is that excludes those EURO Players from 1/2 of the scenario.

We are looking at a NON 2 a day format for the next Scenario.

Mike "DmdJordi" Bowman
Scenario CM Staff
AW - AH Pilot 199? - 200?
Pulled out of Mothballs for DGS Allied Bomber Group Leader :)

Nose art

Offline Grimm

• Silver Member
Two frames a day......
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2002, 05:34:16 PM »
Very Good New Jordi...  :)

2 a days are killers for me.   But I know some people like them.   There is room for both types in AH.   Im glad to see the CM team keeping their options open.

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
Two frames a day......
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2002, 07:33:55 PM »
The CM's also have wives, husbands and families, too. So it is a strain on all of us.

But IMO the most important aspect of a scenario is the retention of the player base during the scenario. Some people may not prefer two frames per day, but the fact is that since we switched to this format, the attendance for the last two frames has been consistently much higher than when we ran one frame per day. It is a strain on everyone involved, but the numbers don't lie. If people are there for frame one, nearly all will remain for frame two if it's immediately following.

That being said, we are going to try a one frame per day format for the next scenario, as Jordi mentioned. In the future, the format will probably vary depending on how much planning is needed in between frames.  BoB shouldn't need too much since no base capture is involved.

Offline Grimm

• Silver Member
Two frames a day......
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2002, 11:02:29 PM »
banana,  

Sometime discussion spawns Ideas.    I read this the second time and WHAM!!!!!!!!!!   An Idea floated in to the empty void I call a brain.  :)

I dont dont doubt the numbers you have experienced, also its with a small number of scenarios, and now folks are beating down the door to fly.  So it might not be entirely true.   Still,  I concide the point.

So,  Why not combine it sometime and see what happens.  
I propose This Idea for thought.....

1 a-day frames for 2 weeks, with a BIG Slug-fest 2 fames for a final.    Or perhaps another combination.   Of course the scenario would have to such that it would work.

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
Two frames a day......
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2002, 10:37:57 AM »
If people are there for frame one, nearly all will remain for frame two if it's immediately following.

And I did to... But 4 or 5 hours of flying on Saturday and Sunday afternoon is a good way to get the wife  mad at you. And my wife has this "B___h" thing down to an art.

Oh well, I started playing flight sims 10 years ago, shes been mad at me before............ LOL

CAV
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301