Author Topic: A new perspective  (Read 660 times)

Offline Eaglecz

• Nickel Member
A new perspective
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2001, 09:54:00 AM »
DO you fly with wingman zygothe ?

Offline Keez

• Copper Member
A new perspective
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2001, 10:14:00 AM »
Originally posted by Zygote:

Special mention must go the Rude and his childish whine of the week award.  Rude surely you have better things to do then try to embarrass or humiliate people on the BBS or are your posts simply an attempt to remove focus from yourself.
   :rolleyes:

Zygote...
If you take anything someone posts here on the board as an insult... if you think it is possible to be humilliated on a messageboard full of anonimous posters... there are two things you can do...
A - Get a social life. B - Get professional help or, if needed, get both.

There, and I did not say dweep or whiner.  :p

Offline jpeg

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.steveo.us
A new perspective
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2001, 11:27:00 AM »
Zygote: you take things too seriously.. "chill out"

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
A new perspective
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2001, 01:05:00 PM »
what a fediddlein whiner!!!

Offline DanielMcIntyre

• Nickel Member
      • http://None as yet
A new perspective
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2001, 03:16:00 PM »
err well yes I do take messages directed towards myself of a negative or insulting nature personally.

Secondly I don't need professional help, I am professional help.

Thirdly I have a great social life, a broad number of associates and a small group of close friends.

I also have a wife, kids and a dog + a couple of goldfish.

Orel, no I don't fly with a wingie, prefer to fly by myself (only have to look after myself).

Mossie idea is great, but I don't like to HO as you should be aware re our previous engagements tiffie vs yak.  I don't need an ego boost either, got a huge one  :)

Offline Blue Mako

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org/BLUEmako.htm
A new perspective
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2001, 04:06:00 PM »
Orel, no I don't fly with a wingie, prefer to fly by myself (only have to look after myself).

Then expect to get banged every time you engage.  The only way to avoid it is to go into a fight with equal or greater numbers and that aint gonna happen without wingmen.

I don't need an ego boost either, got a huge one    :)

Hmmmm... then why can't you handle negative reactions to your inflammatory/sarcastic posts?  Me thinks ego is a bit fragile...

Keep some perspective buddy, you are interacting with others via a keyboard and computer monitor, they won't always be able to tell what mood you are in by the things you type.   ;)

[ 11-07-2001: Message edited by: Blue Mako ]

Offline Serapis

• Copper Member
      • http://www.keithreid.com
A new perspective
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2001, 06:39:00 PM »
Zygote, I've flown solo (except when paired with some friends) for most of my online flying career. It can get tiresome. The gangbangs have always been a way of life and are no worse here. They were the optimal situation in RL for that matter. A few tips for what they're worth:

1. SA is all important as Blue Mako said. Look at what is going to happen in 2-3 minutes, not 20-30 seconds, and try to fly with at least even odds (I don't much like to be a banger either for that matter). I've noticed a tendancy on Mindinao (sp?) especially for planes to straggle in an attack, spread out in ones and twos, only to get chewed up piecemeal by the 10 defenders CAPing the base. Wait for a mass to form and join the mass.

3. Fly in a plane that can run if need be if you want a high K/D, and know your escape direction so you don't escape deeper into enemy territory. The Spit is my natural plane (I tend to devolved into a TnBer in spite of my best intentions) just don't plan to land too many kills in it or any slow plane. I'm growing to like the P-51 (at low and med alt no less) more and more.

4. Alt related "e" isn't that important if you are at 25k but suddenly encounter 5v1 odds with the enemy co e or better. Dive into any group of lower friendlies to even the odds (surprising how few people do this and die a few K above where I could lend a hand). Hell, take it all the way to the deck and try to crash them. I've won some 1 v 5 fights and only had to shoot the last plane flying.

For what it's worth,

Charon

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
A new perspective
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2001, 06:55:00 PM »
Funny, I only get gangbanged when I MAKE A MISTAKE.

A great WW2 vet (forget the name) once said:
"If you find yourself in a fair fight then you didnt plan it right."

Sounds good to me.  I'll vulch, gangbang, ZnB & generally behave like the cad I am.  If ya dont like it, be an alt monkey like me.

However, there are times when it's great fun being all alone versus a load.  I once dove in on 17 cons chasing 1 friendly.....got 12 of em (Seafire) in a massive TnB furball before someone shot my wing off.  Serious fun that was.

(the original high Spit)

[ 11-07-2001: Message edited by: Swoop ]

[ 11-08-2001: Message edited by: Swoop ]

Offline Keez

• Copper Member
A new perspective
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2001, 05:08:00 AM »
err well yes I do take messages directed towards myself of a negative or insulting nature personally.

Secondly I don't need professional help, I am professional help.

Thirdly I have a great social life, a broad number of associates and a small group of close friends.

I also have a wife, kids and a dog + a couple of goldfish.

Mossie idea is great, but I don't like to HO as you should be aware re our previous engagements tiffie vs yak.  I don't need an ego boost either, got a huge one   :)

Doc, if you didn't get it immidiatly, let me tell you in a more detailed manner.

One day, me and one of my best friends were having some conversations over the net, using MSN. But after a while, we kind of started to annoy eachother. We kind of got into an argument over the net, and we were surprised by the weird attitude of the other person, and didn't like it one bit. And that while we were always so able to talk with eachother. We came to the conclusion that the internet in fact really sucks when it comes to communicating.

Sure you can send messages around the world in seconds. But the internet is in no way able to let people know what kind of person you are. There are several reasons for that.

Internet does not allow you to send mimics to eachother, any other than   :) ,  :(  and   :mad: . That is not a lot, is it? How can you possibly express how you feel about something using only these faces, without the other person misinterpreting what I'm trying to tell? When I write "my grandma died but at least she went to heaven   :(", then am I sad because she went to heaven or because she is dead? Get the point? Good. Lets move on then. (it's a simple example and probably can be discussed but it's not that important)

People might read posts of mine and think "my god this guy must be the most annoying moron out there". And they respond acordingly. And I reply accordingly. And so on, and so on. While if we would have met in real life, he might have been able to see my face and see that I am sincere, or that altough I say such things, I am open for suggestions. Or that I do not mean it in such a radical way as it might sound.

Therefore, when I get insulted over the net, I think "what a shame we cant meet in real life. We could probably have quite a discussion about it and then go have a cold one together". Even when I would get insulted real bad (cant remember that having happened but ok) I wouldn't care, because it is not "in this world". That person online is just a shadow of the real person. And I'm not going to chase shadows.

Phew, a long post, but I hope you're still bearing with me. Ok Doc, get the point? Thats why I said "get a social life". Because when you start taking 'emotional' posts on the internet seriously, you obviously have a lack of contacts in the real world. At least, that's what I think.

I am curious. How does "the professional" think about what I just wrote? Think I might be right? Or am I going to get flamed   :D

Offline DanielMcIntyre

• Nickel Member
      • http://None as yet
A new perspective
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2001, 09:56:00 AM »
Keez, i'm not a pyschologist / pyschiatrist.  I was a police officer, have training for emotional distress / trauma counselling etc and a good understanding of pyschology.  But don't do that anymore, too stressful  :D.  I agree with you however that communication without inflection and intonation is difficult and sometimes your true meaning is hidden or misinterpreted.

However, if someone calls me a fediddlein whiner or similiar without the use of these guys i will take offense  :)   :D   ;)   :p   :cool:

Cya

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
A new perspective
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2001, 10:27:00 AM »
hehehehe Swoop!