Author Topic: PYRO, Kick up the Perks please  (Read 717 times)

Offline DES

• Copper Member
PYRO, Kick up the Perks please
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2002, 07:39:47 AM »
Hblair the big deal is I pay my $15 dollars like you do and I only get to play a very limited time so when I'm on I want to fly my 51D without having to fly a plane I don't like in my limited time. I think Laz2's idea is a great way to accomadate the early war plane crowd without infringing on the late war flyers.

DES

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2002, 10:35:30 AM »
hblair... if you make late war planes a small perk point "prize" that is "earned" .... it won't help so far as giving the early war guys any parity and.... guys even as mediocre as me will be in perk planes if we want to every single day picking on even easier targets.   I could fly a perk plane for an entire tour and still have thousands of perks left  right now... with your idea I could fly one all tour and gain perks.    With my idea everyone starts out the same and stays the same except for skill level.   There would need to be no perk points eventually.

wlfgang...  I have no interest in your opinion.   Not so far anyway.
lazs

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2002, 11:33:29 AM »
Originally posted by DES
Hblair the big deal is I pay my $15 dollars like you do and I only get to play a very limited time so when I'm on I want to fly my 51D without having to fly a plane I don't like in my limited time. I think Laz2's idea is a great way to accomadate the early war plane crowd without infringing on the late war flyers.

DES

I could apply the same argument to the me262, or any of the perk planes.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2002, 11:39:38 AM »
And I would agree indom...   A place, a little corner, for the 262 to fly unperked would not be a bad thing.   maybe a meteor too.   You just couldn't take off from say, the mid or early war area.
lazs

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2002, 12:51:33 PM »
"I could apply the same argument to the me262, or any of the perk planes."

No you can't, because they weren't ever in AH unperked.  The Tempest, 262, etc, have always been perked "special" airplanes and never were "common use" planes.  The ONE perk plane for which this argument works if the F4U-1C....and believe me, I sympathice with those C-hog pilots who had their ride "stolen" because of a vocal crowd of whiners.  

There is a BIG difference between adding something "special" to a game, and taking away a long-time feature.    

A separate, new MA with an RPS might work.  Lazs' area for early rides might work.  A new amd improved CT might work.   What will NOT work is removing many of the "foundation" airplanes of AH from everyday use.

J_A_B