Author Topic: Yet Another Idiot Pilot  (Read 285 times)

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
sand

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Yet Another Idiot Pilot
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2002, 08:59:49 AM »
Sandman, are you for or against legalization of pot?

The reason I ask is...if its ever legal, I don't know what will be worse, a drunk pilot or a stoned one..."Oh man! I forgot to put down the gear!" :D

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
Yet Another Idiot Pilot
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2002, 09:04:11 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort

The reason I ask is...if its ever legal, I don't know what will be worse, a drunk pilot or a stoned one..."Oh man! I forgot to put down the gear!" :D

Copilot to pilot "Wow that  was heavy maaaan" :D

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
Yet Another Idiot Pilot
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2002, 09:05:27 AM »
Copilot to pilot, "Dude, there's a McDonalds! Put 'er down, I got the munchies".
« Last Edit: July 12, 2002, 09:24:58 AM by Apache »

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
Yet Another Idiot Pilot
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2002, 09:34:58 AM »
They can't forget to put the gear down anymore. After they did umteen times, aural warnings yell at them how to land proper, regardless if high, drunk, or transfixed in reading yahting magazine or rapping with the sky hags.

Collins and Honeywell make me feel really safe every time I figure out how to lock the metal fitting into the buckle so professionally demonstrated. Even that doesn’t work sometimes, the latest crash where the TCAS said “Pull Up” and gave a corresponding VSI easy to follow green band, they crashed and killed like 45 children amongst other souls… incredible.

Course, they have been known to ignore them (see above), pull circuit breakers, or hit break-away safety guarded aural cutout switches, but that's pretty rare. As rare as them getting bombed and then flying actually.

These stories are so rare they make headlines, but I do enjoy the Tonight Show opportunity to make fun of them in jest here. Still, amazing as it is, it's merely hype by a dramatic story hungry news force, and a pretty toejamty reflection on the 99.9% of the professional pilots who put you all safe and sound flight after flight. Every profession has turds, only jail, firing, and a good Asain inspired law in the vein of whipping them into a blubbering heap by cane should suffice.

These few retards out of thousands and thousands of good pro flight crews is appalling, but should be ignored mostly, just as the fondeling Dentist on "You Gotta See This" or "Real TV."

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Yet Another Idiot Pilot
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2002, 10:27:04 AM »
Oh toejam, now I agree with Creamo too...

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Yet Another Idiot Pilot
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2002, 10:34:38 AM »
Originally posted by StSanta
Oh toejam, now I agree with Creamo too...

Soon you will be one of us...

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Yet Another Idiot Pilot
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2002, 10:40:20 AM »
I usually only fly 190's too Santa (not the manly leather impossible to win 190A8 types like Bistro who disables the cannon for MG tests to make sure they are just sprite only makers) and loved the Kurt Tank "Discovery Wings" episode. When they panned into the restored Dora I got all misty...Damn ain't digital cable channels a sweet invention... For those that missed it, it was sweetness beyond Walter.

Anyway, I will join your squad now that were on the same page, is the pay good? Do I have to wear a authentic hat? They are exspensive on ebay, and my Yahoo cam will bust me and the Packer Green and Gold tribute ball cap.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Yet Another Idiot Pilot
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2002, 10:43:26 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort

I'm most certainly for it.

BUT... I expect commercial pilots to be sober. What they do in the comfort of their own home, is their own business.
sand

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Yet Another Idiot Pilot
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2002, 10:56:27 AM »
Originally posted by Sandman_SBM

I'm most certainly for it.

BUT... I expect commercial pilots to be sober. What they do in the comfort of their own home, is their own business.

And THC stays in your blood stream for 6 months....short term memory in an aircraft pilot scares the crap out of me.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Yet Another Idiot Pilot
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2002, 10:59:03 AM »
Certainly, THC goes to the fatty tissues.

Does this deposit cause mental impairment? I didn't think so.
sand

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Yet Another Idiot Pilot
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2002, 11:01:24 AM »
Originally posted by Sandman_SBM
Certainly, THC goes to the fatty tissues.

Does this deposit cause mental impairment? I didn't think so.

Temporary short term memory loss, wouldn't THAT be a good thing in an emergency? :D

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Yet Another Idiot Pilot
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2002, 11:09:06 AM »
Udie, it's been a long, long time, but I don't recall being impaired for weeks on end... it was more like a few hours. At least as long as it took to finish off those pizzas.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2002, 11:19:49 AM by Sandman »
sand

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Yet Another Idiot Pilot
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2002, 12:24:41 PM »
Creamo wrote:

Anyway, I will join your squad now that were on the same page, is the pay good? Do I have to wear a authentic hat? They are exspensive on ebay, and my Yahoo cam will bust me and the Packer Green and Gold tribute ball cap.

The pay is very good. Usually we get three or four corpses a day to mutilate and...'experiment' on. Beyond that, if you can get 'um alive, we have a finder's keepers rule.

Also, once the studs on the inside of your pink leather g-string wears out from being tight assed, you can get new ones for free. Must say that sizes above XXL sometimes run out, but then you can get a pretty dress instead.

An authentic hat is mandatory. Also, you must kultivate der proper accent, und zen al ist gut. A monocle ess rekommedet, but not strictly nezessaree.

Heheheh, Sawster is sending me his defunct rudders - his cat bit the cable. Once it gets here, I'll be right there.

It is unfathomable how some people can see a Dora without going misty eyed. I mean, it's an even better sight than three virgin allied pilots parked buttocks up with their heads buried in sand.

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Yet Another Idiot Pilot
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2002, 12:39:33 PM »
SAW, as in sappy postarific till Ripsnore made him seem viable?

I was going to make a square lamp shade comment, but that would not be proper. Still, the sappy squad posts would be too much to take.

I am faithful to my squad, the hat would be cool though.

And if 1% of the bbs had digital cable and they knew there is actually a "Discovery Wings"... man, it's 24 hours of "Fighting Machines of the Luftwaffe. Wow, type stuff…