Author Topic: Hey Grunherz: Read this please  (Read 668 times)

Offline Buzzbait

• Silver Member
Hey Grunherz: Read this please
« on: July 10, 2002, 02:11:52 PM »
S! Grunherz

I know you wanted the setup using the Tunisia map, but how about we use the Malta/Sicily map with your planeset intstead?  It would be a little more historically accurate.

I would call it "The Seige of Malta", Spring '42.

It would also allow us to use the U.S. and Brit CV's without your concern about easy base capture with them, since  I would not enable LVTs off Brit or U.S. TG's.  It would strictly be the Axis trying to take out Malta.  British side would not have C-47s or LVT's.

British Land bases:

P40B
P40E
Hurricane I
Hurricane IIC
Hurricane IID
Boston
TBM  (not exactly historical, but Brits had lots of torp planes on Malta, including Albacores, Swordfish, Beauforts, Beaufighters etc.)

M3
M16 (subbing for Brit light Flak)
M8
PanzerIV

All Allied TG's

No LVT's enabled.

British CV's

Sea Hurricane I  (Hurri I)
TBM  (for Brit torp planes)

U.S. CV's  (Only one CV, U.S.S. Wasp served in Med during '42)

Wildcat
Dauntlas

Axis:

German Bases in Sicily

Bf109E4
Bf109F4
Bf110C4
Ju88
C47  (limited)

Italian Bases in Sicily and on Pantelleria.

MC202
Ju88a

Axis Land

M3
Ostwind  (subbing for Maultier 20mm AA halftrack)
M8
PanzerIV

Italian TG's

LVT 2

Tunisia bases would be neutral.

Axis win if  they take Malta, Allied win if they hold it.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2002, 02:19:25 PM by Buzzbait »

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2002, 03:35:42 PM »
Just give both sides the M16 instead of the ostwind. It is more like a 20mm vehicle then the ostwind is.

Can you make it so that the allies only get one carrier each? not reset of it?

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2002, 04:33:09 PM »
I can make a list almost as long as my arm of mobile German AA mounts in service at this time that had a 37mm AA weapon on it, that the osty can substitute for, also the Quad 20mm flack would be a far naster weapon than the 37mm imop, we all know how easy it is to do deflection shoting with a M16, now imagine being able to hit out farther and have your shels do considerably more damage!:)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2002, 04:55:39 PM »
Im OK with that! Although I really wanted it to be a NA campaign fighting over land. :)

My real worry about CV in general when it comes to land based CT operations is their central use of being driven right up on shore and used as a nearly invincible base because CT numbers are so very low which makes killing CV more difficult.

Thats why I wanted this to be a land fighting only CT campaign.

I'm a puganacious lil bastard most of the time and I assure you my instinct is to argue more to get my setup as I asked for but I appreciate your support wih my idea so I will in turn support yours. :)

Malta it is!

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2002, 05:10:14 PM »
I would like to see that list with production numbers for 1942 bradly.
By far the most common dedicated anti aircraft vehicle in german use in the 1942 time frame was a single 20mm on an unarmoured half track...
The Ostwind with its medium tank armour and belt fed 37mm with 1000 rounds on the belt is so far from the capablility of those half tracks that the m16 simply models the german vehilces in use far better then an ostwind does...

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2002, 06:00:38 PM »
Ostwind is not belt fed. I dont like them, I think M16 would be better.

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2002, 10:22:51 PM »
The big problem with the M16 is that it is a serious pos, and makes GV's extreamly easy to kill, with the osty around GV's stand a chance, and with that allied CV parked off shore the only chance the axis will have then are the osty's.The presence of the osty is a balencing issue,and one that has as much merit for inclushion in this Hypathtical scenario as the US CV does.

3.7cm Flack36 auf Fahrgestell Zugkraftwagen 5t (sd Kfz 6/2)
          339 produced from 1939 to 1943.

In adation to this their were a number of improvised mounts and the presence of towed guns, both quad mounts (20mm) and single 37mm and 20mm mounts, regreatably most all my books are still in storage since my last move, and obviously the list is not as long as my arm:)

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2002, 01:29:19 AM »
Thats my point gh. its not belt fed. But it is in the game.
And thats my point brady. the osty makes vehicles too tough. Way unrealisticaly tough. If you want a 37mm on a unarmourd half track I would say fine..but that isnt what the Osti is.

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2002, 02:53:09 AM »
IMO Ostys are very easy to kill, only fools rush in:)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2002, 08:11:55 AM »
Brady you say Ostwind balances a vulching CV, well maybe but thats only fixing one BS gameplay bug with another.

My solution is to get rid of both in the beggining.

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2002, 05:09:04 AM »
I beleave the osty is a vitial pice of hardware for balenced and diverse gameplay, they make Vehiclas a viable component in AH, without the osty Vehicals are realy just easy prey for the Jabo's. I also spend a great deal of time in the Osty. I enjoy trying to play for rank, and the only way to do that (in the MA) is to use the osty.

I also feal that the CV's bring a lot to game play and enable a lot of people to realise "their dream" of flying off a CV in their favorate Blue plane, Zero, Spit, what ever:)