Author Topic: This GANGBANGING - we need 2 countries  (Read 2755 times)

RANKER_ONE

This GANGBANGING - we need 2 countries
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2000, 01:06:00 PM »
Greetings !!!

Bishop'poeple
newbies's contries

HaHa You said that lot of your countrie man
are newbies I can understand that perfectly
because I was once a newbiemyself if
not everone also  

To be beter we must not only get kill lot of
time and lose wars oftenly..........
But we must learn from our misteaks
individualy first then in groups or squads
or what have you  

In Bishops'coutrieas in Rookor
Knightyou have people who are good leaders (surely you can observe that fact
when you are in the heat of the battle)

You should use their knowledge and I can not beleive that your contrie have only newbies  
(I have been kick out from the sky so oftenly
by Bishop fighters  

WhatSKUZZYis saying in his reply is
very wise and all of you should listen and
act about itcoordination and all is
a MUST DO  

So knowing eachother (weakness & forces)whithin your group will help you greatly to
coordinate your efforts and then surly
winno mater the ods agains you  

In my mind each countries are equal let me
explain a bit..each one has SQUADSno
mater what the name they have still all of
them belong to ONE COUNTRIEnow think
a bit and try to figurout all the potencial each countrie has!!!

It is up to each squadto decide if they should all work together or not

Failing to prepare is preparing to fail  

Think about it ( a bit )and act!!!!

PS..most one in here always use the word
whining(spelling hmmmm)
but I am not so sure that people know the
correct interpretation of this word (maybe
I am one of them  

But I beleive that is a.........
Call for help cause something is not understoud perfectlyand it is not only
negative complains so we should alway
read our own reply and think twice befor pressing the key   not to insult others.

------------------
To thine own self be true
 Best regards gents :)
Ranker...out!!!

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2000, 01:13:00 PM »

Originally posted by Fariz:
3 resets Fatty. From a point of an interesting fight beeing gangbanded is real fun, and challenging, and I like it. Considering the fact that I hate when the team I play lose and with constant gangbanging during several days the most you can do is to make it later -- I do not like 3 countries.

Fariz
XII Legion

Fariz, I really think the losing we consistantly had over the weekend was nobody's fault but our own.  Consistantly instead of trying to take back bases around our HQ, we forced forward into both Rook and Nit territory, in essence forcing both to fight us.

I think this is part of the 'Curse of One', which makes bases around A1 appear more important (even if they are on the other side of the map from HQ and factories) than the fields around HQ.

------------------
Fatty
FAT DRUNK BASTARDS

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
      • http://9giap.warriormage.com
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2000, 01:36:00 PM »

Originally posted by Fatty:
Fariz, I really think the losing we consistantly had over the weekend was nobody's fault but our own.  Consistantly instead of trying to take back bases around our HQ, we forced forward into both Rook and Nit territory, in essence forcing both to fight us.

First 2 resets were when we did not had a1  

Do you want to know the extreme tactics to set gangband against other coutry? Tactic which will work 95% of time? Do not fight against one country. No one from country a) will fight  against county b). If you will see planes of that country ditch, do not take their field, etc. People here come to fight, so they will take 5-10 field to reset one time, 5-10 fields to reset second time then they will be extremely tired by not a chance to fight and they all will switch against other country, which will be gangbanded. It is enough for one side never to fight against one other side and last side will be gangbanded ALWAYS. We may try it, if we will cooperate this is quite possible.

Fariz

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2000, 01:47:00 PM »
The reset while we were in the NW corner was proceded by similar (lack of?) strategy.  We pushed as hard as we coul East along the northern edge of the map, while all of the bases around our HQ to the south of us were held by enemies.

It is still fun for me when we do this, I have no problem getting beat or reset, as long as I still get to shoot more red icons, but I still think with more intelligent strategy we could hold off a gangbang indefinately (the ideal situation in a time like this is to shorten and solidify your front line, not expand it).

------------------
Fatty
FAT DRUNK BASTARDS

[This message has been edited by Fatty (edited 04-24-2000).]

Offline jarbo

• Copper Member
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2000, 01:57:00 PM »
I think it may have been stated before; but if ya hate getting gangbanged change sides and effectively create a 2 front war.  

From my perspective, it's team work that creates or stoppes a gangbang push.  Having tons of people defend A1 (when ya have it) is a primary reason you get squashed.  

I think the three sides is fine.  I see no strong evidence that a 2 sided war will change things greatly.

------------------
Jarbo
of the Buccaneers
"Growing old is mandatory, growing wise is optional."

Offline Tern

• Zinc Member
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2000, 03:46:00 PM »
I was going to stay out of this one, but...

LordHaha... The answer to your prayers will be coming soon in one form or another.  AH will finally present us with the Historic Arena soon.  Or, CRS will open up WWII-Online soon. (sorry for mentioning the competition)

Either way it's the win/win solution that I'm waiting for.  

And yes, I agree with you 150% ON THE GANGBANGING.  It's always sucked and that part of AH is what I call Arcade High.  Aces High will be in the Hist Arena.  

------------------
Tern
"Live to Fly!  Fly to Fight!  Fight to Live!"
========================
"There I was, inverted at 50 feet and 120 kts. and the only thing running was the radio."

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2000, 04:10:00 PM »
Jarbo hit the nail on the head regarding A1.  If you own it, everyone defends at the expense of all the strategic targets and outlying fields.

The overall real estate is much more important than A1.  Everyone who has owned A1 has lost land....It begs the question, just what good is A1 to the country that owns it.  

Cobra

eskimo

« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2000, 05:02:00 PM »
When the Buccaneers switched from Rooks to Knights, way back, it was because the Knights were the underdogs.  Knights were often outnumbered by each country 4 to 1.  We wanted to help ballance out the arena and many of us prefer the more frequent opportunity to defend bases.  Now it seems that the Knights have the big numbers, oh well.

eskimo

Offline Tern

• Zinc Member
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2000, 05:48:00 PM »

Originally posted by Dago:
...After he complained about being gangbanged, I typed ".squelch whine" or something like that.
[/b]

Yeahr yeahr. And I replied with "squelch Dago" but it dinae woik.  

I admit to that, but what you dont know is I have known Tern for over 4 years, and consider him a friend. He helped me get into my first squad when I was a new guy in Warbirds so long ago.
[/b]

Shucks fella...    Yer making me blush.  Now that DejaWhatsits is really gonna think I got a swelled head.

We give each other grief from time to time, but it is always tongue in cheek good natured ribbing.  That was the case online, just teasing him a little.
[/b]

Ahh qitcher whining already  

So, there has been a misunderstanding here, I think on both of our parts.
I try to not take any of this too serious, and I hope others dont either.

Dago

*sticks thumbs in ears and wags hands at Dago*  Neener, neener, neeeeener!  Thwpppppt!

Hey Dago?  I still got that pic of you chsing my six in revers when we was both "8X"ing each other.  

------------------
Tern
"Live to Fly!  Fly to Fight!  Fight to Live!"
========================
"There I was, inverted at 50 feet and 120 kts. and the only thing running was the radio."

Offline Dingy

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2000, 12:26:00 PM »

Originally posted by Skuzzy:
I say, "let em gangbang!".  The more they attack us (bishops), the better we will become at coordinating ourselves.

To hold on as long as we have, and be as uncoordinated as we have,....well, it is a testimony to the quality of pilots we have.

Couple of comments to make.  True, pilot for pilot, I would have to say that the Bishops have perhaps the best pilots in the game.  There is a reason behind that.  When you have to fite more undermanned fites than the Nits or Riks, you get better alot faster.

Now as to being unorganized, I completely agree here too.  Bishops tend to like to do their own thing.  I know the few times we have tried to get things organized, it was a feat just trying to generate interest within our ranks.  

Since the problems began, I've had MUCH more fun going to the TA to do some informal training rather than jump into the MA.  Its easier to keep my distaste for the current events in check when Im helping others  

-Ding

Offline Dingy

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2000, 12:30:00 PM »

Originally posted by eskimo:
When the Buccaneers switched from Rooks to Knights, way back, it was because the Knights were the underdogs.  Knights were often outnumbered by each country 4 to 1.  We wanted to help ballance out the arena and many of us prefer the more frequent opportunity to defend bases.  Now it seems that the Knights have the big numbers, oh well.

Well switch back again!  

-Ding