Author Topic: ground war  (Read 619 times)

Offline LtHans

• Nickel Member
ground war
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2001, 03:47:00 AM »
More player interest in ground vehicles. That's something you just can't program into the game. Most people play to fly, the gv's are just a diversion from time to time. Until you get more people playing that are more interested in ground pounding than flying, you're not going to have big ground wars. Just my opinion though.

Exactly.

Which can be used to the army guys advantage.

Don't look at me like that, you read that right.

We CAN have ground war.  We just can't have it all the time.  Trying to balance the game so that the airforce isn't stronger OR weaker than the army segment is impossible.

So don't try.

Instead create the game and the map so that at certain places the ground vehicles have the advantage over the planes in effectivness.  Army base versus Army base for example.  The army bases ought to be damn near impossible to destroy thru air assault.  Too many dug in troops that survive bombings, and likewise lots of random gunfire from the ground positions and trenches that you can never fly unmolested above it.  Even rifles/machineguns can shoot down planes.

Between the army bases you can put the terrain that can be used for ground cover fighting.  There really isn't much point in throwing alot of ground terrain clutter around the whole map.  Only put it where the vehicles operate.

Hans.

P.S.  I also saw Pyo or HiTech post once that the considered doing the army as a different arena all together.  Different software specifically designed to do ground warfare justice.  That has it's good or bad points.  I'm on the fence on that idea.