Author Topic: Arty's wishlist  (Read 381 times)

Offline Arty

• Copper Member
Arty's wishlist
« on: August 06, 2001, 12:03:00 PM »
Hi everyone, I have spent alot of time reading everyones postings about what they want to see, so I thought I'd throw in my own eclectic ideas. (wow is that a run on sentance?)

First off, please please please fix the armour model, I gain alot of enjoyment from blasting tanks in the YAK, but nobody drives tanks anymore, so I do not fly the Yak anymore  :(  Fix the tanks and the Yaks will return, much as the buzzards do to Henkly each year.

I would Like to see some Liason airplanes in the game for pilot rescue. Not sure why but I think it'd be fun to land an L4 near your downed buddy. (Once he is in though, he should be able to to re-up right away, nobody'd want to hang out in your 70 mile an hour cub while you fly 15 minutes back to base) Let the Liason planes direct shipboard artillery. Hopefully they'd have something better than just saying "up 500...down 250...up 100. Maybe they could put the mouse cursor on the target, click a button and get a bearing and range for the gun they are teamed up with. I'd like to see the Lysander, and the Kingfisher in this part of thew game. OK the Storch too, I know how popular it seems to be.

More early warplanes, I have many favourites that at the moment are not modeled. They would'nt have much of a chance in the game, but I suck anyways so the ride does'nt matter much. Cool factor matters to me, GIVE ME A GLADIATOR (I'd rather a Sea Gladiator so I can help in those carrier ops)

I'd like to see some towed artillery, but that is just a personal thing "King of Battle" and all. I'd like towed artillery paired up with a liason plane shooting indirect over a hill. That's just me though.

The torpedo bombers are in awful straights here, maybe its just me, but I can never get in close enough to get a good drop. Might as well be flying Devastators modeled in Torpedo 8 colours. Is there a trick to getting in close? ACK always drops me. (Lets model Devastators, what a pretty airplane)

I am not much of a furballer, or a strat guy either, I like to think I am in between. I'd like some more strat elements though. Hopefully these are on the way. The trains are awesome, perhaps some barges for upcoming rivers. Anything to give the P-47's something to interdict.
(is it way to much to ask that each country have some dams? I'd love to see some Dambusting Lancs)

OK, I am done with my idiotic ramblings for the moment.
Aces high is way fun, I salute everyone who makes the game what it is. And a big white pastey moon to its loud detractors.

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
Arty's wishlist
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2001, 12:21:00 PM »
don't forget to fix the lancs engines  ;)

oh,and nose art in h2h  :)

btw,wot was the name 4 those dam busting bombs???

Offline pugg666

• Silver Member
Arty's wishlist
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2001, 12:23:00 PM »
originally posted by arty

Let the Liason planes direct shipboard artillery. Hopefully they'd have something better than just saying "up 500...down 250...up 100. Maybe they could put the mouse cursor on the target, click a button and get a bearing and range for the gun they are teamed up with. I'd like to see the Lysander, and the Kingfisher in this part of thew game. OK the Storch too, I know how popular it seems to be.

i like the spotter idea.have a join command for one of the fleet gunners.like you said, the gunner would get range and bearing from the spotter.but i think that the further away from the target that the spotter is, the less accurate the info he gives to the gunner