Author Topic: For the love of....... When is 1.08 comming????  (Read 427 times)

Offline DeeZCamp

• Banned
  • Copper Member
For the love of....... When is 1.08 comming????
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2001, 02:09:00 PM »
I want to see the DX 8 optimizations.. if any.. and See how they are comming along with that so far !  :D

I wish Aces would GO OpenGl though  :(

OpenGL  is betta than DX .. well at least I think so  ;)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2001, 02:20:00 PM »
OpenGL?  Hmmm,..that would be a big mistake.

Consider this, any opnegl based anything is at the mercy of each video card maker.  At least with DX we all have a common API and can work around known issues with it.
With opengl,..you then have code for nvidia, ati, and so on.  
There is no real good reason to go opengl.  Opengl actually has missing features that DX8 supports.  Yes, the OpenGL fan club is addressing these by adding new extensions to OpenGL, but which video card maker is going to go back and rewrite all thier opengl drivers for the cards that have shipped the last 3 years?

OpenGL is just another graphics API, just like DX is.  At least DX is a common denominator.  With DX you get a pretty consistent API that forces the video card guys to write consistent interfaces for.  You do not get that with OpenGL.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2001, 07:33:00 PM »
Tiger's are commin!
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline DeeZCamp

• Banned
  • Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2001, 01:22:00 PM »
At least DX is a common denominator. With DX you get a pretty consistent API that forces the video card guys to write consistent interfaces for.

Microsoft is a /trying to a Monopoly.

Every openGl application that I have run, has higher FPS, and quality of detail.

Being a 3D Animator, I also prefer the Higher quality of Opengl in realtime Object creation/Lighting as well. Maya, Lightwave,3DS... all use opengl as a primary rendering system.  Perhaps I am biased because of this  ;)

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2001, 03:10:00 PM »

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2001, 03:44:00 PM »
262 has been whined for so much, that I can understand it.   ;)

Hurricane MkIIc???  Haven't seen many calls for that, but ok, Brits will now have 3 Spits, Tiffie, Tempest and the Hurricane as fighters.  still less than the 9 German (err, 10 with the 262) fighters.

Come on, where are some more Pacific planes???  Please please please tell me there's a Val, Kate, Dauntless or Wildcat hiding out somewhere in 1.08!!!!

mmm, need an earlier Zero variant one day...  a6m2...  painted all white like I'm used to seeing.   ;)
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.