Author Topic: TOD stats are essential to participation  (Read 1512 times)

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
TOD stats are essential to participation
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2002, 08:00:46 AM »
Originally posted by Steven
Flossy, thanks for putting up the stats because I see something ineresting:

"Tilt Assist Awarded Puke Nilsen10 The Wings of Death"

My Wingman got an assist on me!   LOL  Too funny.

He just wanted to make you feel like you were flying with the Mongrels.  ;)
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2002, 08:12:46 AM »
Originally posted by Nifty
Puck, that IS what Exile does.  However, he's the only one with the keys to his scripts.  He doesn't let me drive 'em.  ;)  So I make do with what I've got available to me when he's busy and can't do the updates.

Obviously he needs more Dr. Pepper/Mountain Dew (The official soft drinks of Code), Pizza (contains everything needed for a coder to work all night, provided it gets steadily colder), and Doritos.
//c coad  c coad run  run coad run
main (){char _[]={"S~||(iuv{nkx%K9Y$hzhhd\x0c"},__
,___=1;for(__=___>>___;__<((___<<___<<___<<___<<___
)+(___<<___<<___<<___)-___);__+=___)putchar((_[__
])+(__/((___<<___)+___))-((___&

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2002, 09:51:21 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
Hehe Nexx, I was the bait!  I  told the guys over comms, "I'll be the bait, you egress home..." It worked!  However, I intended to live ! :D  Ah well, half the plan worked..:)

Ooops! :)  Actually I was the only one with any fuel left, about 1/4 so that's why I didn't hang around much longer either.  My squaddies were all on fumes so we were only told to engage if engaged.... ;)]
NEXX

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2002, 11:13:56 AM »
I'm not a good coder cuz silly me drinks my home brews with the Doritos!  ;)  Code gets sloppy and eventually I just fall asleep.  :D
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Steven

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/barking.pig/puke.htm
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2002, 12:39:04 PM »
Nifty "He just wanted to make you feel like you were flying with the Mongrels."

I know!  That's why it strikes me so funny.  If my guest squad only knew how much ribbing we give each other in the Mongrels about "friendly fire."  Heck, I shot down Ghosth once and Makarov9 had the assist on Ghosth.  (That should tell you that Ghosth dove into our line of fire.  ;))  So far I'm not the leading scorer of friendly kills in the Mongrels....I wonder who that can be??   lol

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2002, 09:35:35 PM »
Ah the times and trials of HTC events! :)

Just to give you some background over a year ago exile agreed to help us out and he with the help of some art work of mason put up some excellent events sites.
http://events.simladder.com/snapshots.php is just one of the many pages. Well several months ago he wanted to retire. That started the CM's (me mostly) pushing HTC to take over the events site so exile could retire. Push came to shove and just a few weeks ago HTC pulled everything over. Problem is they choose not to set it up. Sure the information is on the HTC site but we can't add events, edit events, delete events, work with TOD squads, contact C.O.'s or do "anything" with the logs as exile does for us. After month I realized we were in trouble. HTC has put a priority on getting out 1.10, working on 1.11 and several other items on their plate. Who can tell hitech and pyro what should be next on their to-do list? Not me. Nevertheless I have pointed out this last week in a e-mail to both hitech and pyro that the Friday TOD is near 200 a night, the Sunday TOD is about 100 and the Snapshots are about 70 or more. We also have a new event starting Saturday in a few weeks. Those kinds of numbers will speak louder than months of nagging and begging. One can only hope.

In about 2 weeks I look forward to getting together with several other CM's and then meeting with hitech and pyro about some of our more pressing needs. Time well tell. In the mean time I have begged exile to keep working with us and he said he would with what time he has.
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Hamerd

• Zinc Member
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2002, 07:09:03 AM »
well there is something missing and thats me, I didn't see my name nowhere , not even on the death list, I know I was there makes me think the stats aren't accurate, because I know I shot the hell out of a F4F, got him smoken, Ghosth I believe was on my 6 at the time. Just my thought, I no glory hound but would like to see the results!!
                                    Hamerd

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2002, 07:52:22 AM »
Originally posted by Hamerd
well there is something missing and thats me, I didn't see my name nowhere , not even on the death list
Are you referring to last night or last week?  These are the results of last week's frame - last night's results aren't out yet.  :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Hamerd

• Zinc Member
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2002, 08:06:28 AM »
Well that explains every thing:o  thanks for the heads up Flossy;)

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
Punt
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2002, 09:50:49 AM »
This thread still applies, was wondering if we would be seeing results for last Friday/Sunday ToDs?  I can very much understand that people may be too busy to get results parsed and posted, and I very much appreciate it when they do spend the extra work to get it done.

But some squads, mine included, is based in the historical events and would like know and keep tally on how we did.  If there is an issue with people having the time necessary to get this done promptly, could we possibly get the kill messages enabled in the buffer??? As a temporary fix for the time being.

Thanks
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane