Author Topic: More Joystick Problems  (Read 772 times)

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
More Joystick Problems
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2002, 07:27:46 AM »
Well,I thought I found then.Went to Microsoft's site and found 3.02...Turns out to be 3.0 on download.

I think it's an AH problem as views are fine on external but stick in cockpit..Help!>.:)
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline airbull

• Nickel Member
More Joystick Problems
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2002, 09:22:59 AM »
It may say 3.0 on the download but if u right click it & look at properties tehn version number it will say 3.02

Get it here scroll down page
'Crashed slow-rolling near ground. Bad show'

http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
More Joystick Problems
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2002, 10:12:29 AM »
AIrbull..the 3.02 patch is for sidewinder stick..Not FFB Pro..I DL'd it anyway but when I tried to open it,I got prompted"what program whould u like to use to open this with"....

If I can't fly..Arrggg!
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline airbull

• Nickel Member
More Joystick Problems
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2002, 03:56:45 PM »
That download covers the old gameport type FFB pro. In fact it covers all the gameport sidewinder range as well.
I think FFB2 has different drivers.
It should be an application so should auto run when u click on it.
Check to see if its 6.58mb if not u may have a bad download.

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
More Joystick Problems
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2002, 04:02:50 PM »
Try downloading  it yourself..You'll see it's not v3.02 but 3.0 when u install it.
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline airbull

• Nickel Member
More Joystick Problems
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2002, 09:28:38 AM »
Ok i did that just to check. Seems good to me.
After you download if you right click on the file SWGameEN then click properies then the version tab. It will say its version 3.02 but description says 3.0 for some reason known only to ms. You can also check your vertion by opening the profiler activator then clicking on help then about profile activator if its 3.02 it will say version 3.02etc on the label that comes up.

Offline AcId

• Silver Member
More Joystick Problems
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2002, 08:41:28 AM »
This may be related......

Yesterday I was flying along just fine, everything was green across the board. Then *p00f* power outage *sigh*.......2 mins later the power is back on and I boot up to reclaim the skies. Lets see....Hangar, Aircraft, Runway, I start rolling and cycle my views as I do everytime I start to roll. I notice the views cycle extremely sloooowwww. To see exactly how long, I hit a view counted to 3 and then it went to the view, release 1-mississippi 2-mississippi 3-mississippi, back to home-view. Strange, I think I read about this in a forum the other day(i think to myself). I realize the power outage could done some wacky shyte so I shutdown to do a cold boot. Reload AH start to roll all seems good, fly fer about 4 mins then my AC goes into a dive, I gently try to pull up but nothing I try to roll nothing then all the sudden I'm nose-up, then rolling wildly (not moving the stick anymore) All inputs are severely lagged.....not good. End up as a lawndart, leave AH and fer the hell of i go into game controllers to check it there. Inputs lag there aswell.....not AH (i think to myself), select the CH rudder and give it a whirl, no lag. Stick is hosed my first instinct says reload the drivers. I leave the game controllers window open for future checking. I reinstall the drivers for my stick, then go back to the GC window and no lag now. Launch AH and all is well.

WinXP(up to date hotfixes)
P4 1.5
1Gb RDRAM
X45 (latest Saitek software/drivers, hey they werk fer me;) )
CH Pro peds USB

Offline akak

• Silver Member
      • http://www.479thraiders.com
More Joystick Problems
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2002, 10:54:27 AM »
Originally posted by MrLars
I use an unused partition on one of my HD's that doesn't have AH on it and have the memory set at 1/2 of my system ram <256mb>.

Good Luck!

If you're going to manage your virtual memory instead of letting Windows do it, the settings should be 2.5x your physical RAM, so 256megs should have VM set to 640megs.

Ack-Ack

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
More Joystick Problems
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2002, 07:52:15 AM »
I've tried reinstalling stik drivers,AH and Windows Me..Still views lagging and buttons sticking..this is on two MS FFB Pro's...I then got a usb FFB2 and all views are fine except buttons 7 and 8 will not detect in AH....Stick software all buttons/views work fine and in other sims all three sticks work perfectly.

Still frustrated..
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
More Joystick Problems
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2002, 12:05:58 PM »
Sirloin,

I have a MS-PP2, not an FFB, but I get the same problem.  It happend out of the blue about 6 months ago, nowhere near a new release.

I called HTC and spoke to HT himself who suggested a few things.....none of which worked......but he did give me an idea for a workaround:

Open the sidewinder control panel and map buttons 7 & 8 to the keys you wanna use em for.  For example, I have button 8 mapped to toggle WEP, in the PP control panel I set button 8 to = P.  Thus when AH sees me press button 8 it sees it as me pressing P.....which as you know, toggles WEP.

It's just a workaround.....but it works.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
More Joystick Problems
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2002, 01:43:43 AM »
Sirloin I got a strange joystick mess
(http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=555417#post555417)

I sorted the situation by using an old stick.cfg .

Try either by restoring a backup (if you have one) or by deleting the Jstick.cfg

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
More Joystick Problems
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2002, 04:03:04 PM »
Thnx for the suggestions..I'll give her a go when I finish moving next week..
**JOKER'S JOKERS**