Author Topic: Thanks, JG2, Buccaneers, et al...great job yesterday  (Read 161 times)

Rojo

Thanks, JG2, Buccaneers, et al...great job yesterday
« on: July 13, 2000, 11:21:00 AM »
Yesterday, at 1500 MST in the training arena, a very exciting and important mission was conducted.  It wasn't important because of the size or complexity of the mission...it was a simple JABO raid by 8 P-38s, from A18 to A25.  It was intercepted by the able pilots from JG2 (mostly JG2, that is).  Half the P-38s jettisoned ordnance and engaged the bandits, while the other half pressed home their attacks on A25.  What made this important was the audience watching the battle over Jarbo and I's shoulders (about a dozen "guest," off and on).

The purpose of yesterday's mission was to demonstrate the potential of this product as a leadership and team-building training aid, among other things.  The exact audience must remain confidential at this time.  What I can say is they were very impressed.

I especially want to thank those that stayed clear of our little demo, allowing us to maintain the immersiveness and balance of the little drama we played out for our "guests." Salute!

------------------
Sabre, a.k.a. Rojo
(S-2, The Buccaneers)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2000, 11:30:00 AM »
Glad everything went off without a hitch Sabre!  Hope your 'sell' goes off well!  

Btw, what was  the outcome?

------------------
Ripsnort(-rip1-)
VMF-323 ~Death Rattlers~
Panzer Group Afrika~15th Panzer Division~[/i]
Click here for VMF-323 Death Rattlers info
Click here for 15th Panzer info

I spare no class or cult or  creed,
My course is endless through the year.
I bow all heads and break all hearts,
All owe homage-I am Fear.

-------------General Patton

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 07-13-2000).]

Offline sourkraut

• Copper Member
      • http://www.riverrunne.com
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2000, 11:44:00 AM »
The outcome was four little poor 109s were told to launch late (  ) and were met by 8 P38s with significant alt addie. Three of us were quickly damaged (I went down, first of course  ), MrBecks suffered a shot up radiator, Habicht managed at least one kill with a damaged aerilon and Satan held his own getting 4 kills.
Thanks to Habicht, MrBecks, and StSanta for being there. Good luck with JG54, gentleman and looking forward to flying with you once JG2 returns to Knights in August.

Sour

------------------
Sour
JG-2 Richthofen

"Hey - someone has to be the target...."

[This message has been edited by sourkraut (edited 07-13-2000).]

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2000, 11:55:00 AM »
Ah, well, JG2 has had other squad duels in the past with Sabres group, and we've never met on equal terms, have we Sabre?  

<S>

Offline terracota

• Zinc Member
      • http://members.fortunecity.com/terracota
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2000, 12:39:00 PM »
any film?
if somebody have one can send it to mee to terracota@reddrgons.de

thank's

Rojo

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2000, 02:11:00 PM »
Oh, I don't know bout that, Rip...I'd say you guys more than held your own in that little Red AF vs. Luftwaffe dance in the clouds duel we had.  By the way, the idea was to allow the LW to scramble when the raid was about 12 miles away.  When we merged, we were about co-alt, though I admit my flight of four dove just a tad before the merge.  The other four Lightnings were saddled with bombs and rockets and were ordered to press ahead to the target while we engaged the enemy.  Even so, you guys made your four 109s seem like alot more, and did a fine job of distracting us from our little urban renewal job on A25. I believe my score was 1 kill Habicht, plus at least one assist.

Incidentally, I turned the stick over to one of the VIPs once the JABOs had hit and run. He promptly chased someone down into the ack at A25 and lost both wings.  I hit return three times, openned his chute for him, but he was gunned in the silk by the ack.  It was, he said, the most fun he'd had getting his arse kicked in a long time.  As I said, they were suitably impressed.

------------------
Sabre, a.k.a. Rojo
(S-2, The Buccaneers)

Offline buhdman

• Copper Member
      • http://home.earthlink.net/~wjbarrow
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2000, 03:32:00 PM »
JG2,

All I have to say is when I spotted that close formation of dots and realized that they were headed MY way, the perspiration was dripping off me like a waterfall.  After the merge, I could have sworn one 109 had turned on me and was closing fast.  I screamed to my lead "I have a Charlie on my tail!" (Where I came up with "charlie" I'll never know).  Anyway, I just knew I would become the "token casualty", again.  As luck would have it, I was wrong and the cover flight did its job.  I got my bombs on target and wound up on some 109's tail with him pulling away at a right good clip.  I joined up with another of my flight (Wabbit) and he and I chased another 109 for a while. When Camel wound up on the wrong end of a 30mm canon, I volunteered to land and pick him up.  We met on a country road near the edge of a corn field where he joined my flight.  We took off and were egressing nicely when, as luck would have it, a fresh 109 found us.  I turned to engage and got very, very lucky while the 109 got a little too close to the ground (whew!). As I was admiring the fireball that used to be the enemy, I heard Camel say over RW "109 six closing fast!"  Another 109 had a bead on us that I couldn't shake.  Off went my wing and down we went.

In short, the whole thing was a blast and I was glad to be a part of it!

<SALUTE> to all who participated!

------------------
Walt (buhdman) Barrow
(formerly lt-buhd-lite)
The Buccaneers - "Return with Honor"
home.earthlink.net/~wjbarrow