Author Topic: Time to put ToD on hold until HTC sorts out SEA?  (Read 519 times)

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Time to put ToD on hold until HTC sorts out SEA?
« on: July 26, 2002, 10:56:09 PM »
I think after today its looking like ToD in its current state is starting to put people off.

Would it be prudent to shelve things until HTC get it sorted?

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2002, 11:26:01 PM »
agreed we may lose squads/folks altogether.

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2002, 11:56:00 AM »
The CM's are just as concerned about this as you all are, and I know that I am extremely worried about how the BoB scenario will go if we try to run it with the SEA in this state.

The CM's have an important face to face meeting with HTC planned at the con to discuss this and other issues. Stay tuned, we may have an announcement to make when we get back from the con.

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2002, 12:12:16 PM »
No TOD?..........No way!!!!!:mad:
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2002, 12:23:01 PM »
Yes...please bear with us.  We are hoping to have a very productive meeting with HTC at the con.  There are several issues that we hope to iron out and hopefully we can get a handle on the stuff that is going on in the SEA and get some kind of resolution that will allow us to keep running the TOD and watching it grow.  It amazes me that we are up to around 200 pilots now from the meager start back late last year when we were fielding about 35 per side.

The start date for the next Friday TOD may be pushed back to accomodate any decisions that are made because of our meeting.  Skernsk is next as far as Admin goes and I believe he is planning something along the lines of the Dieppe raids.  So if he doesnt start asking for side preferences this week please know that there is a reason why.

Offline Dux

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2002, 10:14:50 PM »
Am I correct in thinking that the problems had not so much to do with the total numbers in the arena, but rather how close together all those numbers were?

Maybe this could be a design criteria for futute TOD events. I seem to remember BoB having a similar turnout, without any sort of connection probs like we had in the Slot.
Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2002, 10:26:40 AM »
In part dux, it is also a hardware issue at HTC. Plus bandwith and the capacity of the SEA is a problem. The first 8 months of the TOD's we never had any problems, but we do now.
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure