Author Topic: Please bring back mute warnings  (Read 175 times)

Offline Samm

• Silver Member
Please bring back mute warnings
« on: July 23, 2002, 09:41:40 PM »
Lately I've been muted a lot for typing things like "Shit I'm leaking" . Why did we get rid of the "you will be muted" warnings ?

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2002, 11:37:15 PM »
No offense intended but if you know it's going to mute you, why do you type that?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2002, 12:36:33 AM »
The swear filter usually gives you a warning, then watches you for the next 24hrs.  Least time time I set it off anyway.

The ones that come out of the blue are the anonymous jerk... erm, arena monitors.  Haven't heard anything about them losing thier power or anything, and I still get muted for no apparent reason sometimes (and for apparent reason other times :D ).

God help ya if one decides he doesn't like ya.  Yer AH life becomes hell, and they aren't accountable since they're anonymous.

Offline Samm

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2002, 02:04:42 AM »
Well I spend more time not playing AH than I do playing AH, I'm a fast typer and my spontaneous responses are going to be in normal speak, and I don't proof read them for words that won't fit through the filter before I press enter . In real life muting is not an issue so I'm not indoctrined to modifying my vocabulary .
« Last Edit: July 24, 2002, 02:11:21 AM by Samm »

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2002, 06:10:40 AM »
I was only muted once... and for giving HiTech a salute.
HiT is NOT the best way to give him a salute.

fuzeman
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Samm

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2002, 06:39:00 AM »
Ok the 24hr thing makes sense, I've been playing everyday for the last three days .

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2002, 07:54:11 AM »
Originally posted by Samm
Well I spend more time not playing AH than I do playing AH, I'm a fast typer and my spontaneous responses are going to be in normal speak, and I don't proof read them for words that won't fit through the filter before I press enter . In real life muting is not an issue so I'm not indoctrined to modifying my vocabulary .

You must be self-employed then.  Because if I spoke or sent an email to my boss in "normal speak" then I would most likely get fired/muted.

Offline JimBear

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2002, 08:41:46 AM »
The swear filter is still working?  From what I see on Ch1 each night that seems hard to believe   :(

Offline Samm

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2002, 04:39:26 PM »
You can't say toejam to your boss ? What despot do you work for ?

Offline Puke

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/barking.pig/puke.htm
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2002, 06:48:56 PM »
How about consider this your warning?  ??

Offline tgnr2001

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2002, 10:49:07 AM »
I find it rather fascinating that, with the multitude of words available to us in the English language, there is an element of our virtual society that can not express themselves without the repetitive us of approximately five grade school naughty words :rolleyes:

tgnr (ducking and running for cover :D )