Author Topic: You have an La7 on your 6!  (Read 741 times)

Offline OSCAR

• Zinc Member
You have an La7 on your 6!
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2002, 09:13:11 AM »
LOL on the replies, now I know why I prefer to "lone wolf" fly myself. If I die I only have me to complain to.

For the guys that drag cons to me head-on... I just keep flying and blow past them and keep goin on my merry way WFO (Wide Feggin Open).
« Last Edit: July 28, 2002, 09:16:21 AM by OSCAR »

Offline Revvin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ch-hangar.com
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2002, 09:21:13 AM »
No question, I'd go after the LA7 and help the team mate, of course I'd expend all my ammo as my futile effort's only reduced the LA7's deflector shield by 10% (I don't fly Niki's) but it might be enough to make him consider breaking off my team mate as he recharges his deflectors and adjust's his death star lazer :)

Offline Turbot

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2002, 10:53:34 AM »
Originally posted by OSCAR
LOL on the replies, now I know why I prefer to "lone wolf" fly myself. If I die I only have me to complain to.

For the guys that drag cons to me head-on... I just keep flying and blow past them and keep goin on my merry way WFO (Wide Feggin Open).

If you have altitude over the both of them, dragging the con to you head on is the "right" thing to do and the fastest way you can get help to your teammate.

Offline Drex

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2002, 12:56:56 PM »
alt f4 and let him get ganged.

Drex

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2002, 02:42:07 PM »
Alt-tab, whine on BBS about La-7 gangbangs, then alt-tab back to AH and auger.

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2002, 05:53:44 PM »
Kill the La7 with a textbook perfect pass, then laugh as the 190 compresses into the terrain and the A6M HO's your bud.

Offline senna

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2002, 08:34:40 PM »
Hit the "smart bomb" button.

Offline AvidMC

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2002, 08:55:04 PM »
Well first I don't have all the information to make a correct decision. The one piece that's missing is, what is my countryman flying?? If he was in a respectable plane I of course would go after the LA-7 for all it's worth. If on the other hand he was in an LA-7, Niki or Spit I would watch him die with all the joy and contentment that can come out of watching Dweebs feed on their own kind. :D :D :D

Avid

Offline Hobodog

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.military.com
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2002, 10:15:44 PM »
Lock-on to the La-7 with two Sidewinders 3 if the shields are glowing launch a 4 at the A6m thengo really fast in a dive let teh 190 compress and auger. Then turn back on the la7 and let loose a full load from the cannon in to the la7 shields. Then kick the afterburners ram him and let the teamate attemt to  while you eat pizzas and drink beers as you watch the La7 kill your buddy.

Offline DoctorYO

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2002, 09:55:55 AM »
Always kill Rocket 7 dweebery where ever it may hide.

All rocket 7's must DIE!!!!

1/2 cent

DoctorYO

Offline Hooligan

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2002, 01:52:45 PM »
If at all possible I would steal Lazs' kill.

Hooligan

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2002, 02:21:31 PM »
I'd inform my country man that unless he turns there's no way in hell I'm catching the La-7 to help him.  Then I'd avoid the 190 who's probably saying to himself "I'm so superior flying my 190 that I have to make up silly names for every other plane that outperforms my ultra-beautiful 190 in the least little bit."  Then I'd reverse and HO the Zeke and savor the HO whine.  ;)  After that I'd die to the P-51D, F6F, and P-38L that joined the fray from seemingly nowhere.   :D  Probably would be a N1K2 and a Spit IX in there as well, tho there a little slower and might only get to shoot at my plane after it's missing a few pieces.
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2002, 02:43:00 PM »
lol, some interesting responses. Some of ya be glad of your day job.

...and the La7 is one of the easiest planes in the game to kill.

BTW, who's Drex?

Offline Makofan

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2002, 02:49:59 PM »
Catch a La-7 in my Hurri-2C??  whatever...  No sense in calling 6 either, so let him die like a dog if he can't avoid a simple thinh like an LA-7.  Dodge the 190, HO the zeke with quad hispanos (TM), then realize a simple 5 minute flight used up the entire fuel tank in my plane, curse HT for their fuel mod settings, and go man a field gun.

Offline Gremlin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.webtreatz.com/tod/lognew.html
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2002, 05:58:17 AM »
Originally posted by Apache
...and the La7 is one of the easiest planes in the game to kill.

BTW, who's Drex?

How do you figure that a plane which can outrun practically every other plane in the game except the 262, can outturn most planes and has lazer guided heatseeking uber cannons is one of the easiest planes in the game to kill??  Damn things just run away when they blow it.  Thing that really upset me the other night,  I'm in a tempest, things are a bit too hot so i put the nose down and head for home.  As I come outta the dive almost at compression I see this la7 comin in behind me and catching me??  Makes me wonder what I'm risking 70 perk points for, when theres a faster more manoeverable plane out there for free.